Do You Own An AR15 Rifle?

• YES

Votes: 1,851 58.7%
  • NO

Votes: 927 29.4%
  • I am planning to get one

Votes: 373 11.8%

• Total voters
Personally, I like the Armalite AR 180 Howa better. I've read where some AR manufacurers are going back to the gas operating rod system due to the problems with the std AR gas system. I only wish the AR 180's had a 1:9" twist bbl.

I have 5...4 in 223 and one in 7.62X39 (the wifes hog gun) it has a 20 barrel flat top w/ lit 3X9X40. One has 20" 223 w/ 3X9X40, one is the "Lady Carbon 15" for guess who w/ 6x scope, one 16" 223 flat top with a carry handle and one 16" 223 flat top w/red dot with all green furniture.

The wife bought me one, Bushmaster 20" 223, and I was one of the "who the hell needs one of those dam things" guys until I shot it a few times. So I bought her the Lady Carbon 15. They were so expensive, but we wanted more...so I started building them myself and the last 3 base cost was just a little more than my 20" Bushmaster.

I just built one for a friend last week 10-6-08 and I only had $550 dollars in it when finished. The price has not started going up yet!

I also built some AK's and use one of them for hunting, it's my hog gun. I tricked it out with black plastic and a quad rail front fore ned and added a rail to the top dust cover. Having built it myself I made the fit tight for the dust cover so scope setting are not floating around. The 7.62X39 is just as good as any 30-30 at stopping hogs and deer at less than 75 yards.

Yes I own a Rock River National Match I love it it shoots 1/2 groups at 200 yards from a rest which is far better than I am in anything but prone without a rest.

In my humble opinion the 223 is over rated having carried it in the military,and used it on coyotes here in Eastern Oregon. I would say the 22-250 or 220 swift are my choices. if I need a semi auto it will be my H&K 91 in 308 loaded with my handloaded 80gr bullets.

NNOMAD46

For Long Range Accuracy You are correct with the 22-250.But with that and the 220 swift you are talking barrel burn out way before the 223 will.With my AR15 and its 1:8 twist I can launch 77 gr. bullets at 2600 fps second with great knock down power as opposed to my 55 gr 22-250 which is similar with the 3200 fps.I like both weapons.If I was allowed to scope my AR15 I would love it more but since my matches don't alow it in service competition I will stick with my 22-250 on log range wood chucks and hopefully one day coyotes and shoot my AR in competition.

Of course I own an AR, it is the M1 of my generation. Having been around a hair longer than I have been alive it is the rifle by which my Military service was defined and has taken the place of the M1/M14 in almost all serious competitive shooting events and for defense on the old ranch. Despite it's many detractors over the years it has endured and improved and is a fine rifle . Finer now than when I first became intimate with it all those years ago. Reliable and accurate to a fault, all things that a goood rifle should be.

I own 6 - that should be 6 votes. Bought 4 of them last spring when Barack started becoming popular and before prices starting going up. Do I need then - no - but some day the proceeds will make for one fine long range rifle and hunting trip. Two colt h-bars, one colt 6920 le, one armalite heavy barrel, one bushmaster 30 year anniversary and one bushmaster sst varmiter.

Last edited:
Nope.

I only have 2 high powered rifles...
My Eddystone 30-06
eddystone.png

and my Winchester 30-30
30_30_400.png

I have two, one M4 configuration with ACOG, green laser and Surefire light, and one longer range rig with a 3-9 Leupold and 20 inch barrel.

I have a Bushmaster Predator with a Leupold Mark II 6-18 x 40 Scope. AR-15's are very hard to get in New Zealand but are awesome for long range rabbit shooting. We have more rabbits than grass so the AR-15 gets a good work out.

Nope.

But I do like the AR15, AR10, LR308, etc. design a lot.

I've owned a DPMS LR308 AP4, Bushmaster M4-style, and a Colt LE6920. All were great rifles, but they just didn't fit into my plans or needs so I sold them and used the money for other firearms.