Anyone from pa

I'm from a little town called Crown, right on the border of Cook Forest state park and just a quick hop from the Allegany National Forest. We have to drive a little but do a lot of groundhog shooting out to a mile and deer hunting to about 1200.

Hey guys...I just discovered this thread. I'm Rick Fultz from Lock Haven and new to long range range hunting. I've managed to pal up with Jeromy Knepp from Howard near Sayers Dam in Centre County and got to shoot with him a few times. Also, Kevin Kram from MCR and I have done some business together and he is a top-knotch guy to deal with too. He's going to be doing some work on my rifles and I bought a Sightron III from him last year.

All of you guys and gals getting ready for the pa rifle season? I wont be able to do any l.r.h this year my wife is preg. and do the weekend of thanksgiving! Hope I see some of your pics from your success shots!

Congrats on the new baby Dave,Hello Jim Im from Philipsbug,Hello silvertip,I can see you Ha ha I have a camp on the mountain south of Jimmy Dremmels station I can actually watch renovo from my front door,Its actually a shooting range we have a 300 yard range right now and just purchased a oehler model 83 for it and we are putting in a 1000,1500 and a 2000 yard range from hillside to hillside this summer if your 40 you might know me im 42 and hang out in town some for refreshments

Congrats on the new baby Dave,Hello Jim Im from Philipsbug,Hello silvertip,I can see you Ha ha I have a camp on the mountain south of Jimmy Dremmels station I can actually watch renovo from my front door,Its actually a shooting range we have a 300 yard range right now and just purchased a oehler model 83 for it and we are putting in a 1000,1500 and a 2000 yard range from hillside to hillside this summer if your 40 you might know me im 42 and hang out in town some for refreshments

I'm 49 so I might know you . I pretty much gave up going in town for refreshments . thats cool about your camp and range . maybe we can get together sometime for a little shooting . I'm in gearhartville Jim.

Last edited:
Thread is still going!

Here in Blair county no one is lr hunting, No snow to help glass. Has anyone else shot anything?
Dave

hey jim,
you live in blair county or hunt here? I live in the altoona area , I also bow hunt . Do you hunt any predators?

hey jim,
you live in blair county or hunt here? I live in the altoona area , I also bow hunt . Do you hunt any predators?

Dave , I live in Philipsburg , Clearfield Co. I hunt close by , Philipsburg . Morrisdale , sometimes Sandy Ridge but not often . I hunted coyotes a few times with a guy that had dogs , he lives around Erie Pa now . I tried a few times to call them but never had any luck . the only time I called one in was during spring gobbler season 2010 . he must of been hungry for turkey , but he got 3.5 inches of hevi shot . Jim

Hey all! Just wanted to throw my hat in the ring. I live south of Quakertown in a small town called Telford. I hail from the Poconos (Milford).

I'm really looking for a place to practice out to 600 yards where I live. I am willing to travel to the Harrisburg area if I have to!

Anyway, if you know where I can shoot, please let me know! Thanks!

-Mega

megastink there was a club near palm which is west of quakertown.
it had facilities for up to 500 yds.
i havent been in that area for years but it would be worth checking out.
you might know that bore tec gun cleaning products are made in telford.
also e.g.w. is located in quakertown.
check out quimbys gun shop on rt. 313 just south of dublin.
lots of good used guns.
and if your in the market for a shotgun you could be at the krieghoff facility in ottsville in about a half hour.

not a bad area for a shooter to live.