Anyone want to start a group in PA?

bast0573

I just got out of the military about a year ago and lost touch with people I used to talk to for certain reasons. So, I'm looking for a group of guys/girls to meet up with about once a month to shoot guns, share some tips and tricks, hunting stories, maybe some friendly competition, and maybe even an overnight camping trip once in a while?? Anything really. This may have been covered, if so I apologize. Just looking for some people in the area that's interested in the same things as I am.

It's a nice ride up 15. I used to make the trip quite often to visit my friend in Rexville. Just a bit west of 15.

OK, I had to Google it. It takes me about 2 hours to get to the PA/NY line (Elkland area). How far are all of you guys from that? My unit did a bunch of training in the national forest west of there, had the whole town involved it was great! We should put something together this summer if one of you guys has a spot.

I'm across the line in NY but I have lost all my shooting spots as of right now and would be willing to drive.

What part of new York. I know the new York line is about 2 1/2 hours north of Pittsburgh if you follow 79 on down. Maybe its 70? Can't remember. Anyways, I'm up for it!

I for one wouldn't mind meeting up and chatting it up about guns, gear, hunts, and ammo recipes.

I'm off 83 in York Co, but go to Harrisburg, Dauphin, Lancaster, and Adams counties.

Do most of my shooting on my land (400 max) but can stretch into the neighbors once in a while. Got a pretty good set up with a variety of steel.

Jaeger

There several clubs in Pa offering long range oppurtunities. Just north of Lewisburg
off rt 322 is the Mifflin co club with 1000 yd shooting oppurtunities. Go to the
Savage Shooters forum website and you will find information on a fun shoot scheduled for there in May.
Also the Ridgeway rifle club in Ridgeway is a very large facility offering 1000 yd shooting also. Members can shoot daily at every distance from the same benches
which are plentifull. Scheduled match dates are of coarse the exception. There always
seems to be a few good shooters hanging out at Ridgeway.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.