30 sherman magnum

Talking about the Bomb Cyclone. I am wondering how the windmills are doing across the country. EV probable aren't doing so good either. I don't think the solor panels are kicking out the juice. A little colder that other years. Nothing I have seen before. I love the names they come up with. Once in a generation make's me 🤣. Just a few years back in NY some of there cities got 8' of snow. Gee the sky is falling!
Very nice moose!

Talking about the Bomb Cyclone. I am wondering how the windmills are doing across the country. EV probable aren't doing so good either. I don't think the solor panels are kicking out the juice. A little colder that other years. Nothing I have seen before. I love the names they come up with. Once in a generation make's me 🤣. Just a few years back in NY some of there cities got 8' of snow. Gee the sky is falling!
Very nice moose!
Exactly. We get these things a couple times a year but suddenly they're naming them generational. How about we call it what it really is... A dig on global warming.

This was formally the 300 PRC S.I. for those who missed it.
I got out a couple days ago to do some more testing and the mirage shooting over the bright snow was terrible so I couldn't really accomplish as much as I wanted to. I did get some velocities and enough data to make another run on a couple loads when conditions warrant.
I ran some 225 eldm's at 3059 with N570 that showed potential
I also shot some 215 Bergers at 3167' that also looked like they need more testing.
Below are pics of the brass which didn't show any over pressure and a pic of the 215 Berger group. I think in better condition this load would cut a single hole.View attachment 127740 View attachment 127741
With a barrel mounted chrono thats not too bad. Why do you not attach it on an extension to the stock? You wont have that change in POI. Either way that a nice group.
I also shoot a 30 Sherman Magnum. HoweverI dont use Hornady Brass.Ive not had much luck with my SD & ES with them.I use Lapua or ADG. and my numbers are much better.I shoot the Hornady 250gr A-Tips in ELR and the worked well in my 300 PRC in the King Of One Mile. I have not shot the 30 Sherman Magnumin Competition yet.I may not since Im building a 33XC for the Light Class

I think your useable capacity is likely to increase with fire formed PRC brass.
My old S.I. with Ruger brass was nearly 2 grains less than the new design.
I can stuff 91 grains of N570 behind a 230 Hybrid at 3.707" coal
I cant see the Blaser keeping up with the 30 SM, 30 Nosler, etc?
Wow

I'm going to do this cartridge for my next chambering, does anyone know if he has reamers and dies in stock or is there a wait if you want to purchase the reamer? How about brass?
I can't seem to get ahold of him right now.
Does anyone know the case taper off hand? just curious.
what bullet is the reamer set up for? I am planning to run 245 bergers/ 250 a-tips.
I called LRI and they have a reamer that's who I'm gonna send my action and barrel to.

I'm in Canuck land. Sherman had dies and reamer on the shelf ready to rock.
Barrel took a touch longer than anticipated but it's all at the smith now.
Theres a few smiths up here that have chambered a few shermans. I know ks arms has done a few. Maybe insite as well

Hey, thinking about going from the 300 PRC to 300SM. Does anyone have barrel twist recommendations? I see the load data lists 1-9. I am currently shooting a 1-8 in my PRC. This is not a hunting a rig, heavy bullets only for competition. Thank you.