30 sherman magnum

Dont be surprised if you see great accuracy with the FF loads.
reduce load 5% at least, and use up your least favorite components.
Engaging the rifling when seating ensures alignment in addition to what VLD said.
It may take another firing to get them 100% but they will be done for the most part after the first. Some suggest a slightly faster burning powder.
Good luck, you are going to have a Beast !

I know some people are just buying factory 300PRC ammo and getting brass that way, so I assume I should just load up my brass to spec for 300PRC using a starting load (say 75gr of H1000 under a 200gr SMK) and call it done?
Yup, it's that easy. I used 73.0gn of H4831 behind a Berger 208, got 2800FPS from it. Yes on the slow side but formed the cases well enough, I don't usually push brass hard on the first firing even if not fire forming the shoulder.

I was using Rich's 30SM headstamped brass, it came in 50fps faster than projected due to slightly less case capacity than I had entered into QL. I'm basically getting mid-range 300WM factory load performance out of a soft load that's fun to hit steel with, I don't see a single draw back to needing to fire form the 30SM cases. When I upped the powder to 75.0gn I was getting 2950FPS, so basically matching full-house 300WM and still below 300 PRC book max. Way below 30SM max. Rich hit a home run with this design.

100% agree. I couldn't miss a 10"/2MOA plate at 500 yards with my first wild-guess fire forming loads in my last 30SM barrel. From the grouping on the plate I could have been hitting the 5"/1MOA plate just as easy, but didn't want to miss any hits to see a real aggregate group size. Steel misses don't really help much in that regard 🤣 Mainly I think that shows the quality of the barrel job I got that it shot so well so soon, one big plus to getting something like a 30SM made instead of buying off the shelf.

Yup, it's that easy. I used 73.0gn of H4831 behind a Berger 208, got 2800FPS from it. Yes on the slow side but formed the cases well enough, I don't usually push brass hard on the first firing even if not fire forming the shoulder.

I was using Rich's 30SM headstamped brass, it came in 50fps faster than projected due to slightly less case capacity than I had entered into QL. I'm basically getting mid-range 300WM factory load performance out of a soft load that's fun to hit steel with, I don't see a single draw back to needing to fire form the 30SM cases. When I upped the powder to 75.0gn I was getting 2950FPS, so basically matching full-house 300WM and still below 300 PRC book max. Way below 30SM max. Rich hit a home run with this design.

100% agree. I couldn't miss a 10"/2MOA plate at 500 yards with my first wild-guess fire forming loads in my last 30SM barrel. From the grouping on the plate I could have been hitting the 5"/1MOA plate just as easy, but didn't want to miss any hits to see a real aggregate group size. Steel misses don't really help much in that regard 🤣 Mainly I think that shows the quality of the barrel job I got that it shot so well so soon, one big plus to getting something like a 30SM made instead of buying off the shelf.

Same was getting great groups with random ff. Loads at 400 yards

I just went through fire forming my brass. 75 grains will work good for the fire forming. I went lighter on powder than I should've. I jammed as well. Took me two firings to get the shoulder blown out to match the chamber.

reduce load 5% at least, and use up your least favorite components.
Engaging the rifling when seating ensures alignment in addition to what VLD said.
It may take another firing to get them 100% but they will be done for the most part after the first. Some suggest a slightly faster burning powder.
Good luck, you are going to have a Beast !

Just so I'm on the same page, but you're saying reduce the load an additional 5% below the starting load for 300PRC? I don't really have anything suitable for magnum cartridges faster than H1000.

I use what I use for all my loads. N570 works great. Not hot loads but with the 225s, I ran them around 2950 for fire forming. Hunting loads are 3050-3075. Course my FF loads I also use for hunting.

This was formally the 300 PRC S.I. for those who missed it.
I got out a couple days ago to do some more testing and the mirage shooting over the bright snow was terrible so I couldn't really accomplish as much as I wanted to. I did get some velocities and enough data to make another run on a couple loads when conditions warrant.
I ran some 225 eldm's at 3059 with N570 that showed potential
I also shot some 215 Bergers at 3167' that also looked like they need more testing.
Below are pics of the brass which didn't show any over pressure and a pic of the 215 Berger group. I think in better condition this load would cut a single hole.View attachment 127740 View attachment 127741
That's a sexy caliber. Thought about one many times

Just wanted to update that I finally went out out to the not-so-local range (3hr drive each way for me). Just shot the fire form loads (77gr of H1K as Rich recommended) and gotta say, I was impressed with the accuracy considering zero load development. Was shooting 1moa @ 1000yds after doing the initial barrel (Straight Jacket Armory) break in.

Does anybody have measurements for the 230 Berger hybrid Target, BTO and overall length touching the lands? Thanks
And if known, loaded long like that, does it crush on a max load of n570?

Does anybody have measurements for the 230 Berger hybrid Target, BTO and overall length touching the lands? Thanks
And if known, loaded long like that, does it crush on a max load of n570?
Mag length? There's several ways to find your measurement without the gauge. You might have issues with a "max load" but that's pretty spicy IME