25 Creedmoor

Call me old school! I've been around a little while at 51 years old. I don't even have a microwave! If you're gonna come out with something new you gotta dazzle me! If you're gonna make a cartridge it's gotta do 2 things. Equal something with less powder and action length and be readily available at a major retailer! I don't like searching or waiting for a specialty item. It has too be economical. Nobody in my social group is impressed by novelty items. If I said I have this new wizz bang whatever but you have too jump through hoops too get it they would say that's stupid! Tell them they can go get it at the local box store and it's the greatest new thing they would buy it! I haven't ever spent more than $1000 for a rifle and scope setup! I never felt like that was required to too be successful in the pursuit of the game I hunt in the places I hunt. New is good. But after a point it's just showing off! I'm more impressed buy a guy that takes a cheap gun and makes it shoot incredibly than a guy that takes a high dollar gun and makes it shoot no better than the cheap gun!
What is a Microwave, you mean they are finally getting rid of the steam engine ?

I would be interested in a 25 cal cartridge based on the Ruger compact magnum case that would push a 130 bullet at 257 weatherby velocities in a short action rifle but again I don't wanna jump through hoops too get it
The 6.5 PRC is just right for a Tikka or intermediate action, but it is too long of a long case for the 25 ACE 131 gr. bullet. 25 SST is the way to go with a magnum in a short action, unless you want to set the shoulder back .25" on a 6.5 x 284 Norma and blow the case out to .485". It would perform real well in between the 25 Creedmoor and the 25 SST, and retain the .473" bolt face and SAAMI spec magazines in a short action. Darn, I am even starting to talk like Rich Sherman. LOL

Except performance! I can pick up thousands of 223 cases at the range, but not many 220 Russians
They have a special freighter that brings 220 Russian brass back from Vladivostok. The Russians trade them for toilet paper for their wives. Happy wife, happy life ! LMBO

I know I'd be interested if someone did a "Members" run of Quality Barrels in the Proper Twist Rate for these Blck-Cat Booletts - to Save some DOUGH...

Last edited:
I'll be doing break in on my 25 creedmoor in the coming days. Origin action, hawkhill barrel, bravo chassis, minox zp5. Picked up 1k 131 aces. Also had another Kreiger barrel chambered to replace this after I burn it out. I also have a proof carbon 1:7.5 to build a 257 saum on this summer for hunting season. I'm pretty excited about the creation of the blackjack bullet!

I think a 25-260AI would be a nice cartridge. I also think making a New Wildcat 257 is a waste of effort for any reason other that just because you want to. A 250 Savage, 257 Roberts, 25-06 Remington, plus the AI versions of those three and a 257 Weatherby have the 25 caliber covered pretty well.

I don't think I would want anything smaller than a 250 Savage or anything larger than a 257 Weatherby.
Aside from shoulder angle, the 250AI and 25 Creedmoor are virtualy identical. Brass for the 250AI is easily formed from 25CM and the added bonus is the CM brass is thicker for the 62,000 psi as opposed to 250 brass at 52,000

There is a significant amount of powder capacity difference between a 257 Roberts AI and a 25 Creedmoore.
The 25cm is virtually identical to the 250 savage improved except with a 30* shoulder. i Size 25 cm brass into 250ai. Makes one wonder if hornady didn't hijack the 250ai, put a 30* shoulder on it, reduce body taper a few thousandths, and thicken brass for higher pressure and call it a creedmoor, reinventing something decades old via marketing.

The 25cm is virtually identical to the 250 savage improved except with a 30* shoulder. i Size 25 cm brass into 250ai. Makes one wonder if hornady didn't hijack the 250ai, put a 30* shoulder on it, reduce body taper a few thousandths, and thicken brass for higher pressure and call it a creedmoor, reinventing something decades old via marketing.
Whether is was sourced from the 49mm Govt 308 from the 1940's or not, an Ackley Improved 6.5 Creedmoor in 25 Caliber is the perfect combination for Blackjacks performance. We can call it: USMC Engineers were there 1st Seebee's 2nd Stringers.

The creedmoor is based on the 30tc case.

I have PO Ackley and other old cartridge books and in them, there are cartridges that are probably current cartridges, so what?
What is more significant, are the current propellants and rifles being used/built. Stuff is way more better & more available, than it was since just the late 80's.