6.5 Creedmoor or 25-06 for Deer

Too late,:oops:

Barrel life-only means if I don't like it, I can change it sooner.

LOCO O'Connor says shoot rebated bootytails, whatever that is, and your bore will have an infinite life of excellent accuracy.

Start shooting conventional boattails ONLY when you're good and ready to re-barrel. Because it won't be long until accuracy falls off.

Remember this critical lesson. Because all other factors are trivial, in comparison. Tee hee hee...

.......Remember this critical lesson. Because all other factors are trivial, in comparison. Tee hee hee...

Been divorced once, made all pain before and after that trivial.

I'll stick with rifles, kicking one to the curb that's lost that loving feeling isn't all that hard.

Never can tell how far the good times will go, even with new rifles chambered for mild cartridges. I bought a Howa .223 that sucked from day one, couldn't see putting a few thousand more rounds through it, shooting it out :rolleyes:.

LOCO O'Connor says shoot rebated bootytails, whatever that is, and your bore will have an infinite life of excellent accuracy.

Start shooting conventional boattails ONLY when you're good and ready to re-barrel. Because it won't be long until accuracy falls off.

Remember this critical lesson. Because all other factors are trivial, in comparison. Tee hee hee...

Well, I certainly understand were you are from and the 'loco' diction that you use to explain your projection behaviour on others. I will stand by the latest science of 21st Century cartridge cases and bullet designs and you can stand by inefficient barrel burning Magnums that use prodigious amounts of powder compared to a .300 Savage size case, and then you say a 257 Weatherby is a winner. You Sir, are not intellectual or scientific in any sense of the word. You are an angry male that can not deal with facts or truth. I pity you, Sir.

Last edited:
Sir, what choice are you speaking of ?

The concept of only owning the one action. It was intended as levity. Kind of whistling Ghostbusters past the graveyard. Probably was funnier in my head.
We continue to fight the battle here. I think it's been kicked out of the current version in committee, but Thumbhole stocks were reportedly on the list a couple of weeks ago.

The concept of only owning the one action. It was intended as levity. Kind of whistling Ghostbusters past the graveyard. Probably was funnier in my head.
We continue to fight the battle here. I think it's been kicked out of the current version in committee, but Thumbhole stocks were reportedly on the list a couple of weeks ago.
I am sorry, you misunderstood me. I was speaking of two different barrels with two different types of actions, each. Bolt and gas gun. I am winding things down between brass tooling, parts, and inventory. I would encourage anyone to buy what they choose. I just don't need the clutter of several tools, cases and other inventory. I don't need heavy Magnums, I certainly wouldn't ever say anyone shouldn't buy what they want because of my inventory reduction. Some people like 338 Allen Express Magnums, I certainly would buy that over a 338 Lapua Magnum. You can use both cartridges. I just don't need a heavy rifle anymore. Michigan doesn't give out many Elk stamps. I still will have rifle enough at reasonable range with a 280 RCBS Imp. to dispatch any game in Michigan, and I don't need a 300 RUM with a 230 grain Berger to do it. I take Len Backus' advice as charity of his wisdom. He is a great hunter, and he knows what tools to use. Len Backus has given us all a gift of discussion to promote the best current product to feed our families. Len, should be greatly commended for that. I have opinions, there are many in this group I would never offend.