6.5 Creedmoor or 25-06 for Deer

Step up too a 257 weatherby shooting a .480 bc 120 grain bullet at 3325fps and things get even better in wind drift numbers and drop
A 6.5/280 AI will shoot a 122 Grain Warner Flatline @ 3420 FPS with a G-1 B.C. of .637 from a non-magnum long action case. The 257 Weatherby cannot outperform a 6.5 mm bullet

A 6.5/280 AI will shoot a 122 Grain Warner Flatline @ 3420 FPS with a G-1 B.C. of .637 from a non-magnum long action case. The 257 Weatherby cannot outperform a 6.5 mm bullet

Some of us just like Weatherbys
You don't need to fire form a 257 case unlike a 6.5/280ai

Step up too a 257 weatherby shooting a .480 bc 120 grain bullet at 3325fps and things get even better in wind drift numbers and drop
Yes. I was just trying to make a point that the amazing Creed is not so amazing. Comparing a very poor ballistic bullet from the 06 to a high bc bullet from the Creed and show that the Creed is still under gunned in this comparison out to the usable distance. The point is that the Creed is a small cartridge and simply can not over come the larger cartridges. Even with the high bc bullets that the Creed is able to shoot because of it's 8" twist.

The 1/4 bores are handicapped by the slow twist barrels that they have. There are simply too many of the slow barrels already out there for any major manufactures to jump into making heavier bullets that require faster than standard twist rates, or for any manufactures to start mass producing new 1/4 bore with faster barrels capable of running heavier bullets. The shear number of current owners out there that would try the new mass marketed bullets that will not work in their current rifle would be an absolute nightmare for the manufactures. If a person wants to shoot heavy bullets from their 1/4 bore they will have to rely on small companies like us for the projectile and build a custom rifle like we did to shoot them. Our 257 Whetherby with a 7" twist shooting our 128g Hammer Hunter at 3250fps is a hoot. Very little recoil without a brake and fully capable of shooting deer out to 700+ yards. The dream of Remington or any other company putting one on the shelf for mass consumption will never happen. If you want one you have to have someone like us get you one.

The 160g bullet that I mentioned earlier will be a 6.5 cal designed for a 6" twist barrel that we will be chambering in what we call the 6.5 UltraCat. We will be finding out if it is possible to launch a 2" .264 bullet at extreme vel. Looks good on paper. :) If it does not work we already know that it will work with our 137g Hammer Hunter and launch them at about 3500fps. Or more:rolleyes:. We did this a few years ago before we were making our own bullets and we were using bullets from a different manufacture. It was capable of running 128g bullets over 4000fps with no pressure. Until the temp changed.:mad: This time we will be able to tame the beast a bit.

Steve

If we are talking wildcats, how about a 270 weatherby necked down too 264 , who's got the bigger penis now! Lmao

I would like you to know George Gardner did the majority of design work on the 6.5 PRC, (6.5/300 RCM) for Hornady.
That's because Hornady was the ones who made the brass for his 6.5 GAP 4s... The 6.5 PRC is just Hornady's version of the 6.5 GAP 4s. I think I already stated this.

I thought necking the 270 to 264 would've been th obvious choice when Weatherby wanted a 6.5mm cartridge. I was wrong. Lol
Yep, said that when they introduced the 6.5x300 Wby, too... I also still think the .257 Wby is too overbore, and should have been a 6.5mm from the get-go. The .25-06 AI is about the case capacity limit for .25 caliber efficiency. Just like the 7mm STW/.28 Nosler is about the max limit for the 7mm bore.

Yep, said that when they introduced the 6.5x300 Wby, too... I also still think the .257 Wby is too overbore, and should have been a 6.5mm from the get-go. The .25-06 AI is about the case capacity limit for .25 caliber efficiency. Just like the 7mm STW/.28 Nosler is about the max limit for the 7mm bore.
Max limit is subjective. No such thing. It depends on the desired outcome. You just gotta pay to play. When we did the 6.5 UltraCats running 4000fps shooting 2" groups at 620y with felt recoil like a 22 mag. That was very cool.

Steve