Why do I want a .25 Creedmoor?

8x68s

I already have a 6 & 6.5 Creed and a 25 seems redundant. But I want a .25...:confused: Have had .257 Roberts AI, .25-06 and .257 Wby in the past but now have a .25 caliber hole in my lineup. The Roberts seems like the best compromise for powder economy, flat trajectory and deer-sized animal dispatch. I have bigger, faster, more powerful cartridges for deer and beyond & small caliber, flat shooting lasers for coyotes, etc. The intent is a short 20"-22" light, handy mountain-type rifle. Was thinking the.25 creed as a short action, the Roberts in a long action. It may just come down to the components I end up finding, in particular, Win70's (personal preference).
Am I asking a question here? What's the view from your end of the spectrum?

I think I want one, at some point. It'd likely be a dual-purpose competition rifle (PRS and NRL Hunter) more so than a hunting rifle though. I can't see anything it can do that other cartridges can't do better when it comes to a hunting rifle. I like magnums when it comes to big game. Though I don't see how a guy could go wrong with a new rifle in a different cartridge, that's sorta what I live for.

Last edited:
IMG_6204.jpeg

I think I want one, at some point. It'd likely be a dual-purpose competition rifle (PRS and NRL Hunter) more so than a hunting rifle though. I can't see anything it can do that other cartridges can't do better when it comes to a hunting rifle. I like magnums when it comes to big game. Though I don't see how a guy could go wrong with a new rifle in a different cartridge, that's sorta what I live for.
I might have one built for just that available in coming weeks

I might have one built for just that available in coming weeks
I'm gathering parts right now. Barrel will probably be the last thing I get so I'll be able to decide. I was really wanting to build a Dasher but I just might make it a 25 Creed. It's still up in the air at the moment. Realistically, it probably ends up a Dasher. I'll save the 25 for a later project or when the barrel is done.

Recent Posts