Zeiss Do’s & Don’ts Memo

It may or may not hurt them. I don't know how many shooters are going to care that would have actually bought a zeiss. I know I don't. Seems like zeiss has been shrinking their target audience over the last several years now that their least expensive scope start at around $800. We will only know with time. By the way, their tactical line is under the name hensoldt so put that on the list as well. Maybe that should make people irate because they are selling those scopes under a different name.

Define Military camo? How about they are fine with Black Ops fully tactical uniforms which I find abhor able as the Militarization of Police. That is the ridiculous nature of this not "military camo" which whatever the hello that is? Like defining a "military style" weapon.

I don't care where they sell it, their International so called standards do not apply here far as I am concerned.
Zeiss as a company seems to be a bunch of hypocrites. No problem with having their products displayed with Military/Police and their "tactical", whatever that means now, uniforms. They also had no problem having the emblem of the Third Reich on their products either. I wonder if they sing the "Horst Wessel Leid" at company functions?

Zeiss is a large company that makes a lot of cutting edge products besides riflescopes so losing out on our money probably isn't going to hurt them too much. It's just a pity they are going that way, given all the resources and expertise that they have. Either way, its their choice.

And it is my choice to hope (if the OPs information proves correct) with every ounce of my being that Jim Jones is rocking the punch bowl at the next Zeiss company picnic.

I tell you what. If anyone has a zeiss riflescope or binoculars, You can send them to me and I will dispose of them properly. Its not like you can ever show up at the range or hunting camp with them without feeling ashamed. If you don't you will have to put them in a shoe box and hide them in the attic and then your family will find them after you die and it will be a skeleton in the closest and they will never think of you the same way again. Its best that you send those optics to me so I can make sure they cause no one else any shame. I am more than willing to do this selfless act.

No not really, we do not accept their "standard" and I bet they will lose a lot of sales from shooters. They can believe they have a standard but when it is double sided to meet a political woke agenda, they will lose out. Just another politically correct company that is added to Do Not Buy list.
You realize your letting the woke left control your actions playing directly into their narrative.

Your allowing the woke agenda control your decision making mascaraed as a personal choice, the memo is from @zeisshunting they are simply creating brand clarity for their employees and help keep social media interactions safe for the employees and positive for the company. Every company has this kinda stuff going on to try to keep an employee from ending up in a crap storm of a viral hell hole by accident while on social media in a company capacity, this is soooo important now days!!
Their DO list had traditional hunting, long range hunting, shooting, safety and their product which is @zeisshunting. Not wanting a bunch of dead stuff posted on social media in connection to the company has been most companies policy, no need to be in everyone's face. The Do list is less woke than MANY hunting orgs like Boone and Crockett and yet way to many guys are letting the Woke culture push them into some kinda isolated woke right thing which seems to really be working good for the left since then they can define us and thus control the overall narrative and optics!!

Nope. The dead animal has nothing to do with the issue I have and would be fine if they left it that. They sell for tactical applications, clear and simple, they market with black ops military uniform style gear for both military and police applications.They want to be disassociated with both relative to our camo and our tactical media defined gear but freely market to it everywhere else.

Their position is politically motivated which is fine, you can call it Woke, or you can call it playing the PC game.

You may wish to associate my decision caving in to Woke but not even remotely close.

Opinions are just that. Not right, not wrong but my decision. Done.

Nope. The dead animal has nothing to do with the issue I have and would be fine if they left it that. They sell for tactical applications, clear and simple, they market with black ops military uniform style gear for both military and police applications.They want to be disassociated with both relative to our camo and our tactical media defined gear but freely market to it everywhere else.

Their position is politically motivated which is fine, you can call it Woke, or you can call it playing the PC game.

You may wish to associate my decision caving in to Woke but not even remotely close.

Opinions are just that. Not right, not wrong but my decision. Done.
Your acting more Woke than they are, that memo is clearly to Zeiss hunting, it's foolish to let the lines blur when doing good business, they have an entire other entity devoted to tactical and military product, you would not want them pushing a bunch of hunting gear any more than the hunting side pushing tactical, make for poor disjointed marketing and no clear defined lines of product.

It's getting a little tiring how he'll bent some are to fulfill the woke lefts narrative of us, all it takes is an unverified memo to set off a ridiculous frenzy of finger pointing ignorance making us, as a group, look no better than some purple haired them/they freaking out about being called him/her!! It is absolutely dancing to the woke left fiddle to just start boycotting and cancelling ANYTHING that doesn't perfectly fit are narrow view, if we fall into that trap we are doomed!!

actually after reading it 3 times i think its a fake memo the promote eyes and ears statement
but doesnt clarify what your protecting the eye and ears with kinda caught my attention
even if its true i'll still do buisness with them going woke doesnt bother me, their company their choice

Last edited:

Recent Posts