Your dream hunt

If money was not a problem what would be your #1 hunt?

Not knowing how to create a true poll I'll have to use this

Mine is a Marco Polo
Absolutely

What's yours?
Well here goes (1)And a true "dream" hunt it is. If you saw "dances with wolves" then you already know that I would like to be able to duplicate what the Indians did on horseback taking Buffalo with a bow !! Like I said a true "dream" hunt.,I can ride a horse and shoot a bow but don't know about both at the same time. It may be beyond my skill level! (2) Much my doable is a. a trophy Alaskan moose with modern equipment ! Happy hunting Tribb

If money was not a problem what would be your #1 hunt?

Not knowing how to create a true poll I'll have to use this

Mine is a Marco Polo
Absolutely

What's yours?
There is a loooong Post on this one already!
Mine is going back in time and when I was 8 or 9 and there was a DIRT part of our Basement where you left the Basement through a door and took steps to go outside. There was a dirt floor and every now and then a mouse or two would come out and I got to shoot them with my dads H&R Model 999 Nine shot Top Break 6" in .22 Short, Long LR. I told mom it was safe because the dirt floor. Would pick up a box of .22 shorts (50 count) for 0.25 Cents from the Auto Store. Never told my dad.
I thought I was better than any Elephant Hunter that was in Out Door Life 1950s Magazine!
I Killed with a Pistol and .22 Short!
Len & Jill

Alaska moose and caribou combo. Both are bucket list animals that I will likely never get to go after.
Got my caribou in northern Quebec 25 years ago I think it was

Attachments

• IMG_20240927_224705083.jpg
    IMG_20240927_224705083.jpg
    341.5 KB · Views: 14
A 4-week safari in east Africa hunting plains game, lion, leopard, and buffalo, and I'd like to bring several rifles... a .243, an '06, a .338, a .375, and the 470 Capstick. Maybe my Citori for sand grouse. When I was young I didn't have the money, when I was doing well I didn't have the time. I'm semi-retired now, getting older, and I need to do it in the next three years at most. I would love to take my 23-year old son with me.

I'd also like to go on a guided elk hunt for a chance at a huge bull, again with my son. And a guided mule deer hunt. As long as I have an opportunity, that's good enough... if I blow it I blow it.

My favorite hunts as a boy were with my father. It would be a dream indeed to spend a morning hunting quail and listening to him crack pecans against his shotgun's butt stock.

I have lucky enough to hunt most of the animals that I have dreamed of hunting. I would like to get back to Alaska to hunt moose one more time. But I think my dream hunt at this time would be Grizzly in Wyoming. That would mean the Feds finally delisted them and we can shoot them without having to spill our own blood first.

Last edited:
Got my mountain goat in BC a few yrs ago, that was at the top of the list for years. After many years in the making, this year, it was Namibia with wife and sons watching them lay some critters down. Watching was them was icing on the cake. Prior to, the wife had no desire to go to Africa. After 1 1/2 days of being pampered, she was planning her next trip there. :)