Yeah Wyoming, you did it!!

don't know what it takes to show there is a problem when there are more dead elk than living in yellowstone or that they are found 1000s of miles from where they should be. is game and fish really that stupid. I hope this doesn't go to the fed gov like immigration did.

longrangehuntr---You have me completely baffled by your post. Wyoming fought for years to get wolves delisted in Wyoming the way it has finally been done because of the different way they wanted to do it compared to Idaho and Montana. That is with a trophy zone in the northwest where there will be licenses issued to control their number and the rest of the state will be a "shoot on sight" with no license required and the only stipulation will be that the person has to contact the G&F to tell them a wolf has been killed. We still have to worry that the antis may file an injunction through the Federal District Court in Cheyenne, but as long as the plan is followed the Feds will not interfer with the delisting that is to occur by September 1. IMO the Courts will rule in favor of the plan if the antis do file suit because everything has now been done exactly as it had to and Wyoming won. You are correct in that wolves are many miles from where they were originally planned and that's why Wyoming fought to have that dual status so we can kill all of them outside the trophy zone, part of which is flexible several months of the year to maintain genetic connectivity. That is one thing that needs to be watched so the antis can't go back and say they need to be relisted for lack of it. I hope that fills you in just in case you're not quite up on things out in Wyoming.

I want them delisted, but if game and fish rules are left up to the politicians the wolf population will end up like immigration control or out of control.
I will hunt all the wolves I can in alaska next year that is for sure.

Good for you guys in WY, Our areas here in North Idaho were extremely over run the past 2 years with wolves. Idaho did a good job in getting Trapping in the program also. All eyes were on us this past year with that. The migration between states with pressure on them will likely be a new issue to deal with also. Good luck to you Guys over there. I lived in Cody for a while, nice state, great people, great hunting.

God, Guts, Guns and the Fur Trade Made America, Lets keep em all!!

Kids that Hunt Trap and Fish dont Mug Little old Ladies!!! Take em' outside and teach em the outdoors for life!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts