Wyoming Wolf Hunting Regs

D.Camilleri

I was browsing the Wyoming Game and Fish website and found the Wyoming Wolf hunting regs. Season is suposed to start on 10-01-12 for the trophy game area. I wonder if this is wishful thinking or maybe it will finally happen. The mortality quotas I found are pretty low, so I doubt if this will have much of an effect, but hopefully it will be a start.

The antis are already gearing up and telling plenty of lies trying to get donations to stop the delisting process if it happens this week. One piece I saw by the Sierra Club said the wolves would be decimated by unregulated hunting, including hunting by airplanes, if they are delisted, etc. They will go to any lengths to get money for their causes and a lot of it goes into the pockets of the top people running those groups. The hunt will not happen if any of the groups can get a Federal Judge to issue an injunction, but that may be difficult because it should go to either Johnson or Freudenhal down in Cheyenne. Neither of them will probably want to stop the hunt with the number of years and all the science that has been used to finally allow the delisting to happen this week. We will know within the next 30 days which way it goes.

The antis are already gearing up and telling plenty of lies trying to get donations to stop the delisting process if it happens this week. One piece I saw by the Sierra Club said the wolves would be decimated by unregulated hunting, including hunting by airplanes, if they are delisted, etc. They will go to any lengths to get money for their causes and a lot of it goes into the pockets of the top people running those groups. The hunt will not happen if any of the groups can get a Federal Judge to issue an injunction, but that may be difficult because it should go to either Johnson or Freudenhal down in Cheyenne. Neither of them will probably want to stop the hunt with the number of years and all the science that has been used to finally allow the delisting to happen this week. We will know within the next 30 days which way it goes.

ANTIS. lightbulbMay the bastards freeze to death in the dark.:Dgun)

Wisconsin wolf hunt is low also their just asking to kill 201 wolfs! Out of say 850 or so.

I know there is no quota and it's basically shoot on site outside the trophy areas. You do still have to notify the G&F if you shoot one in those areas though.

As of Oct 8th at 4:30pm a total of 16 Wolves have been reported as taken.
The freebies will pin this into a blood bath of likes the world has never seen!
Even in the predators areas the number of wolves killed is not great.
One good thing is all trophy areas are predators zones prior to the start of it turning into a trophy zone.
Area 12 does not start til Oct 15 as a trophy zone which has a mortality quota of 2 only then on March 1, 2013 it again is a predators area.
The bums are Lois it seems to give some appearance of control in when the Anton's go and attempt to stop the killing of this big game killing fool!
The balance of Wyoming either smoke a pack gun) or you are required as a non resident to take a few home with you :rolleyes:...

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.