XLR Chassis Rifles

XLR Industries

We want to see everyone's chassis rifles and we would also like to hear why you chose the components you did! Here is a personal build that I just put together for this fall! I wasn't really looking for the lightest rifle in the world, but I wanted a nice rifle to carry that was tough as nails! Of course, no house is built without a good foundation so I had to start it off with a magnesium Element 4.0 with the carbon buttstock and folder! On top of that, I went with a Defiance Ruckus Tactical, Proof 24-inch 1:9 twist chambered in 300 PRC, and an Area 419 Hellfire (until my can gets out of jail). For optics, I chose to go with the Nightforce Atacr held on with a Spuhr mount.

As I said in the beginning weight wasn't really my biggest concern with this rifle since it will mostly be used for Elk, Deer, and Antelope hunting this fall. My main purpose was to have a rifle that I can throw around in the truck or bounce off some rocks and it will hold zero! With that being said, I am going to be adding an 18inch 6.5 PRC barreled action to the shelf for those hunts where weight really matters! The total weight as you see is around 11 lbs with the bipod, scope, and send it level!

Let's see some of your rifles and their specs along with the vision behind the build! I know there are some good ones out there from guys who we do not hear from often!
Jaden, West elk precision, NF, Spuhr, tbac, area 419,Defiance, triggertech, proof,  two vets 2...jpg

I loved mine until I went to find a magazine that wasn't a 10 round for a medium action. That is your number 1 deal breaker for me. Think this out?? Light weight chassis with folder only to have a big 10rndmag getting in the way of a "hunting chassis " adding weight and bulk
There should be a disclaimer on you medium action chassis saying —Note: please be advised no current company makes a medium 3-5 round mag. It might save some irritation?
Kinport peak rifles are cutting 10-round magazines down so you can run 5-rounders! That is one of the downfalls of the new actions right now but as demand shows, there will be a manufactured option!

I had Dallas @ LPR do this one for me. I was looking for a compact package to shoot suppressed. Lots of help from Dallas on this one for components but here's the build.

30 Nosler
Defiance anTi X
Element 4.0 Mag with carbon folder and grip
20" HCA 1/9"
Bix n Andy tac sport
NF NX8 2.5-20 FFP
TBAC Ultra 7

View attachment 372627View attachment 372628
Awesome build man! Dallas definitely does a great job!

KIMG1245.JPG
KIMG0649.JPG

I have a couple XLRs but here's my killing rifle. Bighorn Origin, mag chassis, folder, carbon fiber butt stock, proof 26", 6.5SS chambered by straight jacket, TBAC ultra 7, gen1 razor. 11.5# ready to hunt.

I wanted a rifle for hunting in the desert that wasn't a pain to carry. I don't shoot it all that much but it has a pretty decent body count so far.

XLR Element chassis with carbon components. Folding stock so it fits in my pack. Defiance anti-X action. 20 inch heavily fluted steel barrel with a Q Trash Panda can. Leupold VZ-5hd optics.
300 PRC. My only rifle for the big game I want to go after. Folder stock so it backs away nicely. Really liking the XLR chassis so far. My builder has built many guns with that chassis since mine…

Attachments

• C3BA649F-D1AF-4815-8348-FA72B0ED499C.jpeg
    C3BA649F-D1AF-4815-8348-FA72B0ED499C.jpeg
    219.6 KB · Views: 128
30 Sherman magnum
20" carbon six Sendero profile
Aluminum element 4.0 with folder
Bighorn origin
Vortex AMG
TBAC 338 ultra can

This is my go to hunting gun and it's also fun at the range. It hammers. 225 eldms at an easy 2825 fps. I like the built in arca rail for tripod shooting. The folding stock allows me to put this gun in an ar-15 case for traveling and it goes into my pack while hunting. I wanted a relatively light weight build with the ability to make changes later. All in weight is right under 12 pounds (minus tripod).

Attachments

• 55EAC41C-E528-4382-80FD-5D0B95D8121B.jpeg
    55EAC41C-E528-4382-80FD-5D0B95D8121B.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 183
  • 865CC351-97B9-48E0-A3CC-1476EEB7818C.jpeg
    865CC351-97B9-48E0-A3CC-1476EEB7818C.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 194
I had Dallas @ LPR do this one for me. I was looking for a compact package to shoot suppressed. Lots of help from Dallas on this one for components but here's the build.

30 Nosler
Defiance anTi X
20" HCA 1/9"
Bix n Andy tac sport
NF NX8 2.5-20 FFP
TBAC Ultra 7

Nice rifle! What camo pattern did Dallas put on that rig?

30 Nosler
Defiance anTi X
20" HCA 1/9"
Bix n Andy tac sport
NF NX8 2.5-20 FFP
TBAC Ultra 7

And what does it weigh? Thx