XLR Chassis Rifles

Exactly. In the winter I use a snow bike to hunt wolves and folding it up and running it in a eberlestock keeps it low profile and from whacking trees. Hiking up the mountain in the dark is the same gig. I've had mdt for years and been around mpa a lot. This 4.0 could use some minor tweaks but it's a solid performer and since I got mine I've put together 4 more for friends.
That is great to hear! I would love to hear minor tweaks that you would like to see! We are always looking to improve as much as we can!

That is great to hear! I would love to hear minor tweaks that you would like to see! We are always looking to improve as much as we can!
The add on thumb shelf could/should be a cut into the stock. The mag release needs to be low profile and preference is along side the trigger guard. Both of these items mimics mdt design. I had to modify the release to stop from ejecting the mag in and out scabbards etc. i machined a notch in the trigger guard and cut .25-30 inches off the release arm. I would also consider adding flush cups into the design of forend vs add on.

Those look, awesome man! Those buttstocks are pretty cool too! The biggest question though is how are you liking the mac bros action? I am not sure what is harder to get ahold of, those or magnum primers!

I ordered my first one from their first production run. I've had several brands of titanium actions and lots of other stainless actions. Most Titanium actions I've owned have been a bit sticky. The Mac bros and this new OMR TI action are the first two that feel like a slick stainless action. Love the trigger hanger on the Mac Bros. I have a couple of the Mac bros now and I think their stainless is the best value in custom actions. Just not easy to get your hands on...

Last edited:
The add on thumb shelf could/should be a cut into the stock. The mag release needs to be low profile and preference is along side the trigger guard. Both of these items mimics mdt design. I had to modify the release to stop from ejecting the mag in and out scabbards etc. i machined a notch in the trigger guard and cut .25-30 inches off the release arm. I would also consider adding flush cups into the design of forend vs add on.
I appreciate the feedback man I really do! I will throw that on my notes as customer suggestions for when we talk about that! We are always looking for ways to improve the chassis!

I ordered my first one from their first production run. I've had several brands of titanium actions and lots of other stainless actions. Most Titanium actions I've owned have been a bit sticky. The Mac bros and this new OMR TI action are the first two that feel like a slick stainless action. Love the trigger hanger on the Mac Bros. I have a couple of the Mac bros now and I think their stainless is the best value in custom actions. Just not easy to get your hands on...
I know!! I have my name on the list for a few once they have another production run! I am sure that Nosler is eating a lot of their inventory up too which is good for them!

Here is another shop build! Atom chassis with a 10 inch barrel and a can! That thing will not be getting caught on any brush!
IMG_6982.jpg

Are there any plans to have the folding buttstock have a bumper or a bumper and lock folded option? Mine would kinda flop and bang against itself and when jammed down in my pack it went in fine but coming out it would snag a little on the rubber butt pad and want to open up if that make any sense? Thanks

Are there any plans to have the folding buttstock have a bumper or a bumper and lock folded option? Mine would kinda flop and bang against itself and when jammed down in my pack it went in fine but coming out it would snag a little on the rubber butt pad and want to open up if that make any sense? Thanks
We do not have any plans to make it lock or create any sort of bumper. There should be a detent when it is folded over that takes a little pressure to come over. You can also tighten up the cross bolt to add some more pressure and normally get it to lock up super tight! The reason that we shy away from a lock is first off we did not feel like hunters would want to fumble around with it in a high-stress situation. Also, a button would most likely add noise which is also something that we did not want to add in there!

Brought my 28Nosler back to life last year with your chassis, was 14.5 lbs scoped before, had the barrel milled down and carbon wrapped, xlr 4.0mag, Stiller action, TT diamond, NXS scope. 10.5lbs now. Ended up shooting a bull at 40 yards with it, you'll have that sometimes. 😄 Love the folder, used it way more than I thought I would.

Attachments

• 6DD6295C-E0BE-4341-B5F9-5D4F9C1CB35B.jpeg
    6DD6295C-E0BE-4341-B5F9-5D4F9C1CB35B.jpeg
    420.7 KB · Views: 119
  • 885719FC-672E-415E-8D8C-07F7A2DA96B9.jpeg
    885719FC-672E-415E-8D8C-07F7A2DA96B9.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Brought my 28Nosler back to life with your chassis, was 14.5 lbs scoped before, had the barrel milled down and carbon wrapped, xlr 4.0, Stiller action, TT diamond, NXS scope. 10.5lbs now. Ended up shooting a bull at 40 yards with it, you'll have that sometimes. 😄 Love the folder, used it way more than I thought I would.
Dumb $3k into your rifle so you can shoot out to distance.....
Shoots elk close enough that a slingshot would have been a viable option🤣

We all have been there and keep packing the long-range rifles up the mountain! How many times have you been bow hunting though and thought **** if I just had my rifle right now! That looks great though man! Keep it up!

DSCN1852.jpg

Started off as a Gander Mountain used Savage 111 in 30-06. I didn't intend on it being a chassis rifle, but sales happen sometimes. Since factory purchased, I've added:

EGW single base
TPS 30mm rings
Vortex HS-LR 6-24 FFP
1:10" twist 26" McGowen barrel in Savage magnum contour
XLR Carbon chassis
110 BA bolt handle.

Rifle shoots pretty well with some of the handloads that I've worked up shooting somewhere in the 0.5-0.7" zone. Current favorite loading is 168 grain TTSX going 2950 at the muzzle.

22 creed and 6.5 ss.

Attachments

• AD8BDAF5-96D7-49FD-AE5B-2013E613CB87.jpeg
    AD8BDAF5-96D7-49FD-AE5B-2013E613CB87.jpeg
    720 KB · Views: 93
  • 03AEBD6F-5D4D-42AC-81DB-A66A7B803BFA.jpeg
    03AEBD6F-5D4D-42AC-81DB-A66A7B803BFA.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 100
Still gotta paint mine, but I had to get shooting it before I added color! It's gonna be green to match the barrel, and his name is Hulk -

20220719_095358.jpg
20220719_095440.jpg
20220724_145819.jpg
20220902_151246.jpg

Lane built 30 Nosler
Bartlien 20" 8 twist green CFW, polished
Bat Vampire action
Element 4.0 mg with carbon stuff and folder (Will get painted green camo)
NX8 2.5-20 in NF 1.125" rings
Silencerco can
TT diamond 2 stage (because it's green 😁)
Sending 208 LRHT's at 2930 fps with H1K

This is my everything Wyoming rifle, living here we have pronghorn, mule deer, white tail, elk, bear, and wolves that we can hunt every year with otc tags (minus pronghorn, but they are 100% draw if you know where to apply), and if I ever draw again, mountain goats moose and bighorn. I wanted something I could strip down to the mid 8 lb range, or dress up to a heavy rifle. Also, I wanted it compact to fit in my pack and not catch anything on the way in. This rifle is perfect! I love it, and wouldn't change a thing.

Oh and also......it works too!
20220902_181924.jpg

Recent Posts