Wyoming Pronghorm

ultra300mag

I recently completed a very fun hunt for Antelope in Wyoming. After passing on several nice bucks ( a couple I should have not passed) we spotted a nice buck with a doe. We were on an old gas pipeline road so the grass was only about 5 inches tall making it a freat spot for getting into the prone position to make the shot. My brother kept calling out the yardages while the were walking further away. When they finally stopped he said they were 699. I quickly dialed for 700, held left for wind drift and fired the shot to see him drop where he stood. The buck ended up scoring in the mid 70's. This is the first I have shot with a rifle. I have shot several with my bow but decided that I wanted to use the long range setup this time. Great hunt with brother and a nephew and his son. I will be leaving in two weeks for Saskatchewan and will hopefully keep the luck going.

Attachments

• BobPronghorn.JPG
    BobPronghorn.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 93
  • BobPronghorn2.JPG
    BobPronghorn2.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 95
The bucks you passed on might have scored more, but this one has some real character to it!

Good shootin' and best of luck up North. Don't forget to post pic's when you get back!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.