Wyoming moose unit 26

I did hunt the unit in '22 and am goin back this year with a friend who drew. I scouted it twice before my hunt. During my scouting and during the hunt, I saw moose all over the unit, even in the desert N/E of Kemmerer. I killed my bull on Oct 8th, just off the Hams Fk. after all the deer hunters left. We're goin this year on, or about Oct. 7th.

Congratulations…….you've drawn what once was the finest moose area in Wyoming.

It's not what it was 30+ years ago…..but, probably still the best!

I once knew the area pretty good and my wife, born and raised there, knew the Ham's Fork, Raymond Mt, Smith's Fork areas really well. But, it's changed an awful lot since we lived over there! memtb

Good Luck! memtb

I do believe I had more fun this time around. My buddy got a 41" bull on the Oct. 10th. I got there on the 7th and saw the bull, at least I'm pretty sure it was the same one. My buddy arrived on the 8th. Didn't see anything worth shooting the first 2 days. On the 10th, we saw 4 or 5 bulls, 7 cows, 2 calves. One other bull was decent, but this one was the best. Ended up being a pretty quick hunt. Wish I could go back for more moose hunting fun sometime.
P.S. Sorry for the deleted face thing. I didn't ask him if I could post his face on the forum.

Attachments

• IMG_0223.jpeg
    IMG_0223.jpeg
    931.1 KB · Views: 5