Wyoming grizzly regulation

Agl4now please read, digest, comprehend and interpret the regulations then leave your comments and witticisms.

I live in a great place. Clean air,clean water,tremendous views and little to no crime. I sleep great at night. It's how the rest of the country should be.
Too Many Takers!

Living with bears...

You know you have a problem when.... it takes hours to run the bears out of a cold camp(fly and a pile of gear) just to saddle and pack your stock.

When hand to paw combat isn't a wild BS story.

When taking ghetto style selfies with a 700 lb male grizzly isn't photoshopped.

When the warm lump on the other side the thin sheet of canvas isn't a bad dream.

TMT307......I have experience with bears, and fresh clean air. (and I think you misunderstood my point).

Living with bears...

You know you have a problem when.... it takes hours to run the bears out of a cold camp(fly and a pile of gear) just to saddle and pack your stock.

When hand to paw combat isn't a wild BS story.

When taking ghetto style selfies with a 700 lb male grizzly isn't photoshopped.

When the warm lump on the other side the thin sheet of canvas isn't a bad dream.

Last edited:
the left wing activists are hard at work again, interfering with right of other people to live their own lives and make their own decisions. surprise.

Within the last few days, Goodall, 84, and Moss, 78, entered a lottery hoping to win a coveted hunting license in Wyoming allowing them to sport shoot a grizzly bear in the Yellowstone region. They have no aspirations to actually kill a bruin. Their maneuver is part of a mass act of civil disobedience to protest Wyoming's controversial hunt of up to 22 grizzlies—the first in 44 years—slated to commence only weeks from now.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/...ns-wyoming-grizzly-bear-hunt-protest-lottery/

We've got Griz in Oregon now? Extreme NE I assume. We've got wolves and Griz just as we're getting Moose in the state. Nice.

Yeah, our ODFW are not hunter friendly
We have had Griz in Oregon for a long time. Just not on a regular basis. Not something the Oregon Department of Failure and Waste will talk about. You are right in thinking the extreme NE. 1985 in the Norguard area, if memory serves. Made my longbow look way too short....

Last edited:
I have personally seen grizzly in the Blue Mtns of Washington state. I could see Oregon at the same time I was watching the bear (a beautifufl spun gold female I estimated at 600 pounds) so there isn't much doubt that you have them in Oregon too. This bear was making her rounds and her sign was all over the place - dozens of tipped over rocks and a 2 gallon dump right in the trail. Of course the bear totally screwed up my hunt as she was headed the same place I was. Even though I was armed, I changed direction as they aren't even close to being shootable here in Washington. It is a matter of when not if that a grizzly kills someone here in Washington as their numbers keep climbing. I'm just hoping it gets one our many idiot tree huggers first. Make them realize that they do have skin in the game. Had one of them treed by a couple of wolves a week ago so that is a start. A helicopter had to come and chase off the wolves. If I haven't made it plain, I want the grizzly and wolves gone. I want to be the dominate predator of big game and I don't need any help!

the left wing activists are hard at work again, interfering with right of other people to live their own lives and make their own decisions. surprise.

Within the last few days, Goodall, 84, and Moss, 78, entered a lottery hoping to win a coveted hunting license in Wyoming allowing them to sport shoot a grizzly bear in the Yellowstone region. They have no aspirations to actually kill a bruin. Their maneuver is part of a mass act of civil disobedience to protest Wyoming's controversial hunt of up to 22 grizzlies—the first in 44 years—slated to commence only weeks from now.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/...ns-wyoming-grizzly-bear-hunt-protest-lottery/
We mite git lucky and they will be eaten:D. Or at lest charged by the bears.

I hunt that NE corner of the state and often pondered if Grizz have crossed over from Idaho. Hence the motto of packing heavy.

I can
I hunt that NE corner of the state and often pondered if Grizz have crossed over from Idaho. Hence the motto of packing heavy.
I don't know what's happening over there now, but in the late 80's it was a real thing. There were alot of critters in that wilderness (Eagle Cap) which weren't supposed to be there. Guess someone forgot to tell them.

I knew some of the men that worked as Game Wardens in Wyoming and most were hard working great men. I took the course to teach the hunter safety classes and during all my time living in Wyoming I only had problems with one person at the top of the "food chain" there because he was arrogant an listened to no ones council but his own. You especially run into that with the "Feds" like when they decided to re-introduce the wolves back into Yellowstone. People like me tried to tell them how bad that would eventually negatively impact the game herds and even the ranchers in Western Wyoming but they did not care! The worst hit areas are where I used to hunt. I'm only glad I moved out of state and did not see my predictions come to pass as I would have probably gotten myself locked up. I love Wyoming and I have heard such horrible stories from people I know there still.

I wish Wyoming Natives the best and I hope things turn around for you. I love Wyoming and miss all my friends there around Casper. GOD BLESS! GO COWBOYS!

Last edited:
If Griz ever get a taste for tree huggin lib-a-tards, they would THRIVE in Lincoln County Oregon. I'd pay to watch that! Popcorn anyone?
Wouldn't work. With all the thc in their system it would give the bear the runs and they would never eat a libtard again. Then you would have to deal with bears too.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.