Wyoming grizzly regulation

TMT307

The bar keeps being raised by the game and fish. Nothing but a bunch of buffoons. I wish that the game and fish would use their professional and skilled workforce to take on the task of mosquito control. Talk about hunter opportunities....

Hunt areas 1-6 mortality limit 13 males ..but the season will close on 10 males harvested (sept 15-nov 15)

Female mortality quota is 2 (state wide )

Hunt area 7 mortality limit is 12 (any bear) private land blm and state (sept 1-nov 15

Hunters in areas 1-6 must carry an electronic tracking device afield. Only 2 hunter may be afield at anytime. (Big brother is too lazy too actually help and will be watching you from the couch)

NO HUNTING OVER BAIT!!!!!
This is where it gets GREY. How many wolf kills,deer and elk carcass will be scattered on the mountainside?How far do you have to be from known and unknown kill sites?(guilty until proven Innocent) well officer I just shot my elk in the thorough fare and I was in the process of cleaning it when my trophy grizzly popped over the ridge ....

Maybe I'll find more humor in the weeks ahead.

The bar keeps being raised by the game and fish. Nothing but a bunch of buffoons. I wish that the game and fish would use their professional and skilled workforce to take on the task of mosquito control. Talk about hunter opportunities....

Hunt areas 1-6 mortality limit 13 males ..but the season will close on 10 males harvested (sept 15-nov 15)

Female mortality quota is 2 (state wide )

Hunt area 7 mortality limit is 12 (any bear) private land blm and state (sept 1-nov 15

Hunters in areas 1-6 must carry an electronic tracking device afield. Only 2 hunter may be afield at anytime. (Big brother is too lazy too actually help and will be watching you from the couch)

NO HUNTING OVER BAIT!!!!!
This is where it gets GREY. How many wolf kills,deer and elk carcass will be scattered on the mountainside?How far do you have to be from known and unknown kill sites?(guilty until proven Innocent) well officer I just shot my elk in the thorough fare and I was in the process of cleaning it when my trophy grizzly popped over the ridge ....

Maybe I'll find more humor in the weeks ahead.
Sounds like we have something in common, our F&G Dept's. In Oregon, they are the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife. They should be called the Oregon Department of Failure and Waste. Millions and millions of dollars spent on study after study. They have completely forgotten who pays their bills.

You get to kill grizzlies! Count yourself lucky. Here in Washington the tree huggers want to add more grizzly by bringing them back into the Cascades. Eastern Washington already has them from Canada to Oregon. They just don't get it - grizzly have been known to kill a person or two on occasion. We don't need more we need none. Had a grizz screw up a hunt just by being there. This was an absolutely beautiful bear - I could care less. I want them all gone - wolves too. Had a couple of deer come through on a trail and about 10 minutes later wolves on their tail. The wolves checked me out and when they figured out I probably wasn't something they wanted to tackle, they proceeded on after the deer. They weren't afraid of me at all though being 300 yards away might have had something to do with that. Between the wolves and the grizz things have gotten pretty screwed up for hunters.

I don't understand the no bait policy. Hunting bears over bait is mich easier to determine sex of the animal than glassing from long distance. They want to kill x amount of bears in a given area, let the guys with tags bait them in!

At least Wyoming Fish and Game stand up for their hunters who pay for everything... The Anti-hunting Fish and Game of Montana has once again sold out the very people that pay for their wages , insurance, and retirements....Montana didn't even submit a proposal for a Grizzly Hunt...

Please read the regulations. I see a lot of room to go sideways with the current regulation.

Last time I hunted the Thorofare we saw six or seven grizz. It was easy to tell the silver backed bear that charged us was a boar. If I was going back to hunt one, think I'd take a big plate of bacon on a hill and eat it real slow. If they accused me of baiting, I'd say I was eating breakfast and he walked right up to me...

Last time I hunted the Thorofare we saw six or seven grizz. It was easy to tell the silver backed bear that charged us was a boar. If I was going back to hunt one, think I'd take a big plate of bacon on a hill and eat it real slow. If they accused me of baiting, I'd say I was eating breakfast and he walked right up to me...

Or you could just sit down and shoot your rifle a couple times the way they come in thinking there is a downed deer or elk to feed on! I wonder if that would be considered baiting one in, LOL!

I am happy they are taking a step to hunt them since there are so many in the Thorofare region. However, $6000 for NR tag and if you get lucky to get a tag that is a bit too expensive for me.

I always wonder why people live where they "CHOOSE" and then bitch about the short comings of living there. Why not just move to where you can shoot one Grizzly or one Brown Bear a year........and do it over bait, if that is what you want.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.