Wyoming antelope question

jpierick

I currently have 3 PP for Wyoming, I was wondering which area I should apply for where I can use my PP smartly. Meaning I don't want to apply for an area where everyone gets a tag and I waste my points.

Thanks.

I'm assuming you know this will be for next year's drawing. And if I was you, I'd search through the Wyoming Game and Fish website. I'd pay particular attention to draw odds, harvest report and amount of public ground. There is a ton of information on the website to help you chose.

More info would be helpful. What are you wanting to experience? Are you trophy hunting? Do you want to shoot long range and not worry about quality or size of animal? Is it DIY or guided that you are after?

Unless they change it, you can list those "everybody gets one" units, and not lose your points if it's not your first pick.

Guided hunts is where the outfitter will lead you in the right direction. They will tell you where to apply and what the draw odds are for the specific unit they tell you to apply in based on your points. Thunder Ridge Outfitters out of Casper does a great job on antelope.

Contact Wyoming Guide & Outfitters for a complete list. They have brochure they send out every year with ads, and some of animals taken.

SNS outfitters is a good start.

You need to get with it for a guided hunt. The spots fill up. Contact the outfitters and ask questions. Sometimes outfitters can get tags easier then you, because of the areas. Don't just put in for a license and then try to find a guided hunt in that area.

You need to get with it for a guided hunt. The spots fill up. Contact the outfitters and ask questions. Sometimes outfitters can get tags easier then you, because of the areas. Don't just put in for a license and then try to find a guided hunt in that area.

Good point! Some of the outfits have access to private land, some don't. The easier units to draw often have access issues.

Verify whose got what.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.