World's greatest target system!

"If anyone wants my grid templates for printing your own, just let me know, and I can probably attach them here for you to download." Can you attach your grid templates? Thank you Al

PS: What a great idea you have! Thank you for sharing.
I've attached the PDFs here, and added to the original post. Let me know if there's any trouble with them.

When printing DO NOT attempt to use "borderless" printing. Found out the hard way, that the feature actually upscales the image (~103% )and prints edge to edge, cropping off the sides. If you do that, the grids will no longer be the correct size.

Depending on your printer, make sure to use 8.5x11 paper size, and NO scaling or "Fit to page". It may crop off a little of the grid around the edges, but the rest will remain scaled.

After a test print, I highly recommend getting out your calipers and double checking the grid is really 1.00" x 1.00".

Cool set up. What is the dogs job in this scenario? Spotters perhaps? 🤔

Tried to get them to paste the holes for me, but they have no thumbs, and the slobber ruins the adhesive...

Where’s the backstop to keep the bullets from ricocheting 2 miles?… :)

Photo perspective doesn't show it, but there's a 10% grade hill behind the target, and behind that, there's nothing for 1.5 miles. I did some math once, and ricochets are exceedingly unlikely to go more than a few hundred yards, due to the take off angle and terrible B.C. of a mangled bullet tumbling through the air. I've fired quite a few tracers out there too, and they do go shockingly far and high (and often), but never more than a few hundred yards either.

My dog would be all up in my lap or laying in the middle of my back while I’m trying to shoot. Hopefully she would be more impressed with my rifle shooting then she is of my ability to hit flying birds with a shotgun. She’s a good retriever though. I might get her to bring me back the target board for inspection. Getting her to clip it back on the posts might be a little tougher.

Entoptics

I like the idea for sure. My rifle range only goes out to 300 yards. This might be just the ticket for practicing out further on public land somewhere.

I'm lucky to have a great place to shoot nearby, but if you can find a long flat area on public, a set of these targets makes verifying drops/zero a breeze.

Here's a setup for 200 (zero),450, 600, and 750 yards I threw up. I place another target at the muzzle for ranging back, so I can make one trip down range and get all the targets set precisely and lined up in 10 minutes. This way I can shoot the drops round robin, and don't even have to move my chrony to catch each shot...
IMG_5540.jpg

Attachments

• 4x5 Grid Backer Darker.pdf
    40.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 8 x 6 Grid Backer Labels.pdf
    72.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited: