Seekins Havak Element vs Fierce CT Rival? Help me choose!

doc1059

I truly appreciate all the input and insights on these threads. After months of research I have decided on the 6.5 PRC caliber and narrowed the gun down to two brands.

Choice: Seekins Havak Element vs Fierce CT Rival

What I am looking for:
<6lb gun
Shorter overall length for maneuverability
0.75-.50 MOA
Primarily for eastern whitetail, blackbear (but want option to go out west)
Great customer service to stand behind the product

*I am leaning towards Seekins but like the adjustable comb on the Fierce knowing my VX6HD 4-24x52MM will sit high.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-05-23 at 5.07.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-05-23 at 5.07.59 PM.png
    72.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Screen Shot 2024-07-01 at 12.05.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-07-01 at 12.05.16 PM.png
    54.7 KB · Views: 20
I just went with a Seekins Element 6.5 PRC. Stellar rifle. I added a Salmon River 2 port brake and it’s very easy to stay behind the rifle (factory brake was very ineffective).

I have about 100 rounds through it at this point and accuracy has been great with factory ammo. I’m sure it’ll be even better with handloads.

IMG_4883.jpeg

IMG_4885.jpeg

Norma factory 143 Golden Target 5 shots (100 yards)
IMG_4889.jpeg

Nosler factory 142 ABLR 5 shots (100 yards)
IMG_4890.jpeg

Having a Fierce Carbon Rogue 6.5PRC (I know it doesn’t have the adjustable cheek piece) I would say steer clear of Fierce. My rifle was sent back 3x and customer service was a nightmare to deal with. On the 3 time they finally put a new barrel on it, took a little over 8 months for me to actually shoot my “new” rifle.

Go with Seekins

I’ve only seen good reviews of the seekins. Not so the Fierce. The seekins is a heck of a deal at the price point.

As much as I like the look of a fierce --I would not--we had nothing but mediocre accuracy out of a little 22-250 we had--loved the action and the "feel" didn't like the consistent 2 in groups for 2k+ rifle...

If the made a Element in LH--I'd own one.

Another vote--element

I just went with a Seekins Element 6.5 PRC. Stellar rifle. I added a Salmon River 2 port brake and it’s very easy to stay behind the rifle (factory brake was very ineffective).

I have about 100 rounds through it at this point and accuracy has been great with factory ammo. I’m sure it’ll be even better with handloads.

View attachment 582894
View attachment 582895

Norma factory 143 Golden Target 5 shots (100 yards)
View attachment 582896

Nosler factory 142 ABLR 5 shots (100 yards)
View attachment 582897
Whats your barrel length and do you know what velocity your getting?

Not Fierce , in the last year and a half I’ve went 4-4 for extraction issues 3 rivals , 1 rage. I love my 7 saum Rival carbon once issues were fixed , but I will never buy Fierce again. You should not have these issues time and time again when you are in this price range.

Fierce look good from far but are far from good !!
Save your self headaches and get the Seekins.

Last edited: