Who is still shooting 300 Win Mag

215 Berger and 300 wm were made for each other. 2 of my oldest customs are this combo. If I need the easy button I grab one of them. Have taken elk at 1k, 80 yards and everything in between. H1000 and depending on barrel should be running between 2800-3000. Mine both have 26" proofs. They aren't fast and I don't run them hard. They both shoot the same loads at avg 2840.

Any reason to run the longer 215 over 205 or 210?
215 Berger and 300 wm were made for each other. 2 of my oldest customs are this combo. If I need the easy button I grab one of them. Have taken elk at 1k, 80 yards and everything in between. H1000 and depending on barrel should be running between 2800-3000. Mine both have 26" proofs. They aren't fast and I don't run them hard. They both shoot the same loads at avg 2840.

I'm curious to see who is all still shooting your 300 Win Mag. I have a 300 Win Mag 26" bull carbon fiber barrel. I will hopefully be shooting this weekend with factory ammo till I get some Peterson long brass. What your go to bullets over 200gr preferred?
Two local guys who have shot elk love the Berger 210
The .300 WM (I have 3) remains my go-to chambering despite having other set-ups with more OOMPH. The 215 Berger in the .300 WM is golden. However, the furthest harvest thus far is with a 190 Berger at 931Y with an MT bull elk.

This is funny, I just attended a shoot with 14 shooters. I felt like the black sheep, 90 percent was shooting 6.5s.
They teased, that it was hard to see the Win Mags splash.

I just played along and told them the old Win Mag was hateful as she smacked the same plates they did.

I have two Win Mags I load 215's and n570 for, they have worked so well I haven't tried anything else; they have been the berries for me.

Deviant.jpg

1725045359280.png

Attachments

• Deviant.jpg
    Deviant.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
This is funny, I just attended a shoot with 14 shooters. I felt like the black sheep, 90 percent was shooting 6.5s.
They teased, that it was hard to see the win mags splash.

I just played along and told them the old Win Mag was hateful as she smacked the same plates they did.

I have two Win Mags I load 215's and n570 for, they have worked so well I haven't tried anything else; they have been the berries for me.

View attachment 598257

View attachment 598254
Love it any idea what your carbon fiber build weighs ?

I always thought that it was a great little cartridge, and have hand loaded for a few over the years.

I actually owned one for a short time but never shot it. I won it at an NRA Banquet, had no need for it and sold it……unfired! memtb

Last edited:
It's one the calibers I will always have in my safe. It was my first custom I had built. I can use it for anything and everything. I have 1 elk and 8 black tail under its belt. If you are buying from scratch make sure to throat it long for the better BC bullets. If you don't have a 30 cal rifle you can look at the 300 PRC like everyone else will say. I really like being able to get 300 Win Mag ammo anywhere. I hope this helps.
Jason