Who Makes this 300 Win Mag Barrel ?

I asked that day.The deceased man's daughter had no idea about her Dad's rifles.Only knew he love to shoot and hunt .There were no reloading stuff for sale so.I did not get a magazine with the rifle either.I will be okay with it.The scope is worth more than I paid for this rifleThanks for your reply.
Yeah I think the action's retail price is what you paid so the rest is all gravy. I'd say judging by the pictures he didn't skimp on anything. I'd find a load and shoot it. Carry on with the legacy.

Predator is the model of the Stiller Action. Stiller used to be based in Wylie, TX.

Some smiths will engrave their name in the barrel, you may have to disassemble the rifle and see if you can find it. If it's engraved instead of roll stamped, chances are you won't see it through the hydro dip.

That's a custom built rifle and the likelihood of finding out who built it and what the other components are is slim IMO.
I think your right.Ive looked it over pretty good.All I can do now is stick a rod in it and count the twists to see how many it is and then shoot it. I f it's fast enough I may rebarrel it to a 300 PRC.If it's a slow 1-10, then I will either just have a 300 Win Mag or buy a whole new barrel to have a custom 300 PRC.
I already have 3 guys at our gun range wanting g to buy the scope for $1,400.if I decide to sell it.They know I like a higher power scope.But th I s scope would be a great hunting scope.Thay you for your information.

I think your right.Ive looked it over pretty good.All I can do now is stick a rod in it and count the twists to see how many it is and then shoot it. I f it's fast enough I may rebarrel it to a 300 PRC.If it's a slow 1-10, then I will either just have a 300 Win Mag or buy a whole new barrel to have a custom 300 PRC.
I already have 3 guys at our gun range wanting g to buy the scope for $1,400.if I decide to sell it.They know I like a higher power scope.But th I s scope would be a great hunting scope.Thay you for your information.
I would shoot what's on there. I bet that barrel is practically brand new. A 1:10 twist will shoot up to 220 grain bullets. Load some 205 Elites or 208 LRHTs and let her eat.

Looking at the contour and fluting, it looks like a Hart barrel
You could b e right.Talking to the deceased daughter ,she said he always bought the best stuff.Looking o er the thi gs at the sale ,I saw no cheap stuff.I also picked up a Beretta 686 Silver Pigeon over under shotgun.
So if I don't ever figure out what barrel is on my 300 WI Mzg I'm sure it's a goid barrel.Ive never had a H art varrel.I looked them up and they advertise them as being the most accurate barrel.Thats a Bold statement..lol

Clearly no clue what they were selling and oh so typical. He had and used a TB suppressor on it. Might get lucky and they will throw that in as afterthought. Lol

Clearly no clue what they were selling and oh so typical. He had and used a TB suppressor on it. Might get lucky and they will throw that in as afterthought. Lol
Yes I asked about it.They gave it to the Sheriff. The daughter knew very little about firearms.
They googled the scope and saw what it was worth.She said the rifle was custom but couldn't find out who made it. Her thoughts were..The scope is worth $1300.00 or 1400.00 used.So an unbranded No-name Rifle should be worth $200.
Those were her words.
So I have $200.00 rifle...hahaha

Last edited:

Recent Posts