Which way to a .22 Creedmoor ?

Which way to a .22 Creedmoor?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I didn't vote but I'ma little shocked by the consensus. It's closed now but in my mind the rebarrel is the better option…because it's not a factory barrel and it will have a better chance of being straighter (should read, it'll be straighter…but that depends on the guy running the lathe)

Gunsmith cost wise there won't be hardly any difference…the guy running the lathe has to same steps regardless. Only thing he doesn't have to do on the Tikka rechamber is thread…but he's got to deal with a potentially not straight chamber instead and hope it's close enough he can straighten it. I'm shocked guys take this type of work…the risks are not worth the reward, my opinion. I won't do these jobs for that reason.

Good luck, regardless it's a fun little round that punches above its weight class.

Hopefully it's a .219 as that seems to have a significant effect on the vel you can get before having blowups on jacketed bullets. Personally on a number of cartridges I have switched to mono turned bullets. Badlands when I want to stretch things out. Hammers for the rest. After all most hunting is not the shooting vol you get with target and comp shooting so cost dif is not the huge variable. No worries about jackets coming apart and these turned monos have great tolerances.

With fast overbore 22 cal like these it sure makes life easier. For your stated shooting of shorter range varmint/yotes with that 7 twyou can run the gambit. From those ultra light 32g shock hunters which would be running well over 4k even in a 20" to 70-80s like the badland 70 SBD that would let you stretch things way out. Would love to see video of a yote taken with one of those 32gr over 4k short range say 50 yds.
They make cool vapor trails in cool damp/humid morning air at those vel.

Personally I would have no issue taking WT or hogs with the heavier monos in a 22 cal with these powder capacities. 20" gun is handy and quick with little recoil.

Should be fun.

Good luck with the build!

Hopefully it's a .219 as that seems to have a significant effect on the vel you can get before having blowups on jacketed bullets. Personally on a number of cartridges I have switched to mono turned bullets. Badlands when I want to stretch things out. Hammers for the rest. After all most hunting is not the shooting vol you get with target and comp shooting so cost dif is not the huge variable. No worries about jackets coming apart and these turned monos have great tolerances.

With fast overbore 22 cal like these it sure makes life easier. For your stated shooting of shorter range varmint/yotes with that 7 twyou can run the gambit. From those ultra light 32g shock hunters which would be running well over 4k even in a 20" to 70-80s like the badland 70 SBD that would let you stretch things way out. Would love to see video of a yote taken with one of those 32gr over 4k short range say 50 yds.
They make cool vapor trails in cool damp/humid morning air at those vel.

Personally I would have no issue taking WT or hogs with the heavier monos in a 22 cal with these powder capacities. 20" gun is handy and quick with little recoil.

Should be fun.

Good luck with the build!
I went on Lilia's website and couldn't find anything on bore size?

My 2 showed up yesterday. Nothing stamped on them and nothing on the invoice regarding diameter other than "22". Maybe I'll care if bullets start going "poof", but until then, I don't think I care.

The 22-250 AInis basically a ballistic twin to the 22 CM. You could start with 22-250 and improve it if you needed a bit more later.

Oh so close but not quite the same.

I went AI on my 84M as I have a ton load of virgin '250 brass. This is just me but I don't AI for the speed but I do it so I don't have to trim. I really dislike trimming...

My little 84M weighs 6.5 lbs with a 3-10 Leo with M1 on top. "All up" (scope, sling, rounds) it's a wonderful package to tote and a beast slayer. From rodents to elk I'm Golden:)

I have it threaded as well and the G-kiddo's (I have 8 of them) love to work it over as well. Speaking of, I should call Carson and order another barrel to have waiting on deck.