Which cartridge for a Remy 700 long mag bolt face

I've heard talk about it, but nothing legitimate for weatherby to actually put it into production.
Ever hear about anybody making one and shooting it ?

I did some searching. Yes indeed, a few people have built these. Comments and reactions are generally as expected.
Interesting cartridge.

Last edited:
Ever hear about anybody making one and shooting it ?

I did some searching. Yes indeed, a few people have built these. Comments and reactions are generally as expected.
Interesting cartridge.
Nope. Just heard of speculation actually from the one guy on their weatherby podcast. That's all

I did one of the Rem 700 long magnums back a few years, I went with the .300 RSAUM and loved it. Cheers

300 RSAUM with Maganumbrake 001.jpg

How often are you rebarreling? Better question how many rounds is the barrel life.?
It will last a lifetime for me. It's a killing machine not an everyday shooter. I have other cartridges for that. 6.5x300 gets a load it shoots great then goes hunting. After I'm done hunting with it. Clear her up and put away. Unless I want to play with another bullet. Then I will find that load and put her away again. 750 round barrel life is probably 400 more rounds that I'll ever put through her.

The 7STW will work in the 700 RUM action. You straighten the feed lips on a Wyatt CFE-9 box and use a forged Remington ultramag follower. This works with the RUM action's feed lips. I have done three. They work fine and don't rattle with cartridges up to 3.9 oal.