When do you chamber a round while hunting?

When do you chamber a round while hunting?

• A. No round in the chamber until you are ready to take a shot.

Votes: 111 27.9%
  • B. Round chambered, safety on while hunting.

Votes: 275 69.1%
  • C. Round chambered firing pin disengaged. If you hold the trigger down while chambering a round

Votes: 12 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Careful, you were doing pretty good at that yourself claiming firing pins don't protrude beyond the bolt face. I've proved otherwise but you'll never admit it.

Mud's opinions are always right in his own mind, no matter how factually incorrect. He says he's here to help the members. His definition of help must be strange.

The difference is in the exposed hammer on a revolver bro. Thats a big difference.
So....it makes a difference because you can see it? I said (twice already) the hammer is not what was struck, the muzzle was, the only factors involved was the firing pin, primer, and a strike to the muzzle.

Mud's opinions are always right in his own mind, no matter how factually incorrect. He says he's here to help the members. His definition of help must be strange.
You're the one being factually incorrect about the things you're stating. Don't believe me? Go read the posts in the bumpstock thread. Then tell me who's wrong... You're making up things to suit your own self-interest to make a fake point. This can easily be proven by anyone wanting to go read that thread.

He doesn't need me to say this, but I'll go on the record saying a lot of what he does here is useful and informative. I don't disagree just for the fun of it. There are times, though when differences need to be aired. I harbour no ill will toward anyone here. I'm not sure everyone can say that. There genuinely seems to be some venom going around at times.

What evidence do you have to the contrary? I don't know you from Adam which makes your personal opinion meaningless to me. If you have some useful input and some personal experiences to support your opinion please share, I would love to hear them.
Do I sense some resentment? Meaningless opinions are just as correct as yours and your inlaws. Your way is safe because you do it your way. That's the most proof you've offered to support anything this far into your Thread.

All the rest is your opinion. Your opinion is right for you. I'll give you that.

Lets play fair. Tell me what you demand proof of. Then I'll demand you prove it wrong. To my satisfaction. Isn't this entertaining?

You're the one being factually incorrect about the things you're stating. Don't believe me? Go read the posts in the bumpstock thread. Then tell me who's wrong... You're making up things to suit your own self-interest to make a fake point. This can easily be proven by anyone wanting to go read that thread.
More help from Mud. Po soul.

The most easy way would be to chamber a round with the "C" way and mount the gun pointing in a safe direction and then hit the Anvil and see what happens. Another way would have the gum mounted so it can move and hit the end of the barrel with a bat. Or the butt stock and see what goes down. I will add this I would not hit the muzzle with a bat. Just in case it would go off. You would want o set it so a heavy object would swing down and hit it.

Problem is..... Who want's to offer there gun for the test.... ;)

If tree stand hunting will load when in stand with safety on until I have something in my sight. When I stalk loaded with safety on.

So....it makes a difference because you can see it? I said (twice already) the hammer is not what was struck, the muzzle was, the only factors involved was the firing pin, primer, and a strike to the muzzle.
I doubt it. He believes lots that he can't see. Worse, he believes whether he understands or not.

After his belief is formed and owned, he then demands 'proof' from those of contrary belief. How convenient...

The most easy way would be to chamber a round with the "C" way and mount the gun pointing in a safe direction and then hit the Anvil and see what happens. Another way would have the gum mounted so it can move and hit the end of the barrel with a bat. Or the butt stock and see what goes down. I will add this I would not hit the muzzle with a bat. Just in case it would go off. You would want o set it so a heavy object would swing down and hit it.

Problem is..... Who want's to offer there gun for the test.... ;)
I wasn't going to be the one to suggest how to test this for liability sake, but yeah, that's about the best way... Or hit the back of the bolt with something to see if it moves enough to cause enough protrusion to light the primer. You could test this with an unloaded case, with a fresh primer in it and you'll hear the "snap" of the primer if it goes off, that way it's much safer and no projectile is in the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.