what is your favorite LR broadhead?

I posted to this thread in 2011. Still a big Slick Trick fan! They flat out perform with little more needed than screwing them on to your arrow!

This years bull was a 40 yard shot. I got complete pass through penetration and that was through a front side rib, and the blood trail was massive and only lasted about 50 yards. That obviously isn't all due to the head but it did it's job.

I have shot standards for years but actually may try the wicked trick this off season to see how I like it. I will probably try the stainless version.

Scot E.

Last edited:
i really like Slick Trick in 100 Gr. They are just as accurate as my field points when my bow is tuned correctly. I shoot them out to 80 yards and they are right in there. Super sharp, 4 blades and deadly on elk / deer. Good luck.

I like the G5 deadmeats for long range, less surface area for wind drift, I shot a mule deer at 60, blew through both shoulders, entrance and exit hole was the size of a golf ball

You will be hard pressed to find a better performing, more bomb-proof tough, scary hair popping sharp right out of the package, better flying fixed 3 blade BH than Wasp Boss SST's. They come in 100 and 125 grain 3 and four blade versions.
I have been using them for over ten years now and over 10 deer. Not a single one went beyond 60-65 yards, most under 50 and with in sight. All but one were double lung pass through shots.

Here are pictures of the lungs of last years 10 point I shot at 21-22 yards he went LRF measured 53 yards after shot and died in mid stride. Arrow penetrated about 10" into the semi-frozen ground after passing through his lungs and snapping two ribs in half.
Have shot them to 55 yards with great flight performance.
I feel as strongly as possible Wasp Boss SST FB/BH's are the most underrated FB/BH out there.

Attachments

• WASP BOSS SST 1.jpg
    WASP BOSS SST 1.jpg
    890.9 KB · Views: 402
  • WASP BOSS SST 2.jpg
    WASP BOSS SST 2.jpg
    992.2 KB · Views: 407
Last edited:
I have had great luck with the Iron Will Broadhead. I have the 125gr. non vented. Since switching from the old school standard muzzy I have taken two Roosevelt elk here at the Oregon Coast. The first bull was a 30yd frontal and the arrow buried to the fletching. The elk went less than 100yds and piled up. The next was this year, hit the bull a little far forward, it dropped in its tracks and couldn't get up. I have never seen a Roosevelt drop in its tracks from an arrow but the Iron Will Broadhead did it.

The only problem I had with the broadheads is that they flew extremely different than my field points. I am talking 6" higher and 4-5" to the right......

I've used Muzzy's since they came out in 1984. From compound to crossbow, from 5yds to 80yds, from hogs to whitetail. I have never had one let me down! Never understood the craze of trying new heads every year or two, can't fix perfection!

I've had good luck with NAP spitfire 100gr. been using them for the last 7 years on deer and javelina.

I will second jack the ripper on the magnus black hornet. They fly extremely well and will group with my field points out to 80 yrds. Just practice that far, makes anything closer a chip shot.