What is your $ bullet limit?

It's kinda hard to say for sure what my limit would be. I not too long ago come across a couple of bigger cal. Rifles than I had, but the price for the bullets I'm wanting to use are ridiculously expensive you're paying more for a count of 50 than you used to for 100.There are some really nice new bullets out there now and I guess it's how bad do you want them. I first started reloading a box of 139gr bullets hornady's $16 and change that same box today is $ 38.00 and up good luck out there guys,maybe we'll see some relief soon sure hope so

Given the low volume of shooting my actual hunting bullets, I don't know where my ceiling is. For me 100 rounds of hunting ammo would last me at least 2 years allowing for some practice between seasons.

$1 per for a quality bullet
Just got a oil change at long Lewis of the shoals couple days ago in my F-150. Cost me $259 9qts, filter, engine air filter, and cabin air filter replaced. They asked me if I had any questions. I said 1. Are you going to continue to charge to much? Lol I'm not too far from you down here in Marion County. Thought I would give you a shout out. Have a blessed day.

For a hunting bullet I will pay whatever I need to to give me the edge and performance I want in the realm of reasonable. I'm not shooting a boatload of my hunting rounds. Maybe 2-3 max would be my threshold. I currently shoot berger and hammer so I'm not paying those prices but I would if I had to.

Powder 50 a lb is it.... I move along anything over that.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The absorbent prices and lack of availability have definitely had an impact where I shoot. I like to shoot early in the morning for a variety of reasons, one of them being that the club isn't crowded. But this year I am almost always the only person at the facility in the morning. And.........I use to pick up once fired brass from factory ammo and give it away to reloaders who needed or wanted it. Now, I'm hard pressed to find any new brass there. Plenty of .223 military brass but that's about it.

Just got a oil change at long Lewis of the shoals couple days ago in my F-150. Cost me $259 9qts, filter, engine air filter, and cabin air filter replaced. They asked me if I had any questions. I said 1. Are you going to continue to charge to much? Lol I'm not too far from you down here in Marion County. Thought I would give you a shout out. Have a blessed day.
My Dad use to live in Hamilton and we hunted there. I miss it a lot. Great hunting down there abouts.

What is interesting is the number of new "boutique" bullet manufacturers that are specializing in LR bullets. In addition, there are plenty of cup and core guys that make quality bullets. It would be really nice to have a sticky of bullet manufacturers.

Here are a couple that I have used for general hunting or even handgun ammo.

Hawke bullets

Fury bullets

Great Lakes Ammo-handgun

Other than the 135gr Berger bullet's that I shoot in the new 25CM that I built a while back, I have given up on paying the almost double the price on Berger bullets from just a couple years ago.
I haven't hunted in several years because the cost isn't worth it to me anymore. I can drive to the local sale barn, and buy a couple steer's to butcher cheaper than I can go hunting anymore.
I've got plenty of powder, and primer's, so there's only a few different bullet's that I need to buy when I run low on target rounds. I've got way more hunting bullets setting on the shelves than I'll ever use in the current economic situation.

Other than the 135gr Berger bullet's that I shoot in the new 25CM that I built a while back, I have given up on paying the almost double the price on Berger bullets from just a couple years ago.
I haven't hunted in several years because the cost isn't worth it to me anymore. I can drive to the local sale barn, and buy a couple steer's to butcher cheaper than I can go hunting anymore.
I've got plenty of powder, and primer's, so there's only a few different bullet's that I need to buy when I run low on target rounds. I've got way more hunting bullets setting on the shelves than I'll ever use in the current economic situation.
I'm afraid pricing isn't going back to where it once was.

The cost of the materials, labor, and shipping for everything involved in getting bullets made has been accelerating now for two years at an exponential rate.

This isn't Berger taking advantage of us, it's industry wide. As their costs go up so too will ours continue to go up.