What is your $ bullet limit?

I don't know the answer just yet! My Nosler 130 Grn ballistic tips and The 150 grnABLR have gone up about 20 percent !! For practice I often use the same bullets but the blems from shooters pro shop! I was unsure at first but those270 bullets look and weigh identical to me ! I want to make an Elk load for the 300 Roy and I really want 100 to 150 of the 180 Grn NoslerPartitions ! As this will be my last Elk Hunt if I get drawn in the next 5 or 6 years,I will pay what I have too in order to get them !! Sad !!!

I miss these days lol. But at the same time, I really like the newer bullet technologies and powder technologies too. That comes at a cost, and inflation has always been a thing too.

I'm hoping prices do eventually go back down a bit, but I'm realistic enough to know they're likely never going to recover completely. I figure a 10-20 percent increase is likely the new norm on this stuff.
DEFFBA57-9686-4467-A70E-94C92035C0AE.jpeg
17A2C3F4-4C2B-45AD-B1D7-F026189FFA9A.jpeg
AA0E0B35-FBDE-4563-9153-6B74BE0E9B6D.jpeg

All this bullet talk and prices of reloading in general has me thinking.🤔
1. What is your max limit for purchasing a box of 100qty bullets for hunting?
2. Is there a too much ?

I know on powder, some guys are digging in their heels at $40-50 thresholds. Where others don't necessarily care as long as they have it. ($50-90)?
I stocked up on my bullets for my other calibers. I got some for my new 375, but know I will pay a premium for Barnes or others when I can get them for this caliber, would like to keep this below $1.00 per bullet, but don't think this is possible, will pay when I have to, make sure to vote everyone.

To each their own....but Partitions have been proven over time so there is that...are there better....sure...how much better..1,2,3,4,5,6 bucks per bullet better? Doubtful....but do what feels good to you. Ballistic coefficients matter for long range but there are many good bullets today. Partition was the original so to speak...do whatever, spend whatever, your call....for now...better stock up

All this bullet talk and prices of reloading in general has me thinking.🤔
1. What is your max limit for purchasing a box of 100qty bullets for hunting?
2. Is there a too much ?

I know on powder, some guys are digging in their heels at $40-50 thresholds. Where others don't necessarily care as long as they have it. ($50-90)?
I shoot the ABLRs. They run 1.00 per. Didn't shoot as much as I'd like due to cost.
Then from lack over availability I was for to try Blems from Shooters Pro shop. (59 per 100)
They were just as accurate (.5 10 shot groups) so now I can shoot more.

My cap at this point is $55.00 a box of 100, except .338, that cost that per 50. Time to dig out the .243
I may have to join you, the 30 cal has gone bs crazy. With that said I just bought some Hammers in 30 cal for deer season this year but the entire, "it'll get better in 2 years", is wearing really thin with me. We are being ripped off imo for most components but since people will pay the crazy prices why should they reduce the cost? They sell everything they put out at 2-3 time what should be, so why make money off volume when you can make the exact same thing keeping the components at a low level?

For me personally, it depends on the weapon I'm shooting at the time. If I'm loading for the 338LM, whatever choose will still make the load well under the last report sale price I saw online at 10 rounds of Lapua 338LM for 7599 per, less shipping, and the rest of the idiotic charges.

Just my 2 cents but what have we become? Slaves to those who seek to become even wealthier. When is it enough? For them, never. For me I believe in Fair enterprise. I also believe in treating others as I would expect to be treated. I used to be part owner of a small gun, archery, and black powder shop. We also offered gunsmith services and put together custom rifles and pistols. I had to sleep at night. It's was never about taking advantage of the customer just because we could. We made a profit, had respect from our customers whom were all considered to be our friends. Yes, I have a price, it's called fair. May God help us all.

For my 243, I have enough of a supply of old AMAX to last me another year or 2 at .25 each. For my 338, 1.00 is my max, but I've had to resort to seconds lately for my range time.

I don't see the prices coming down for a while though as hunter numbers are increasing since 2019. More consumers is what the manufacturers see.

Yeah prices aren't going to come down. The demands is driving this but the government handling of the covid mess has driven inflation which won't reverse. The price of production has increased for everything, wages had to increase and wages never reduce.

What this means is the .80-$1 a bullet is going to be the new normal unfortunately

Just my 2 cents but what have we become? Slaves to those who seek to become even wealthier. When is it enough? For them, never. For me I believe in Fair enterprise. I also believe in treating others as I would expect to be treated. I used to be part owner of a small gun, archery, and black powder shop. We also offered gunsmith services and put together custom rifles and pistols. I had to sleep at night. It's was never about taking advantage of the customer just because we could. We made a profit, had respect from our customers whom were all considered to be our friends. Yes, I have a price, it's called fair. May God help us all.
You sir I wished I could shake your hand.
I could not have said it better, you just described the situation were in now.