What is this? Do you know?

Your occupation is listed as a minister. Who is a ministers boss? That's the guy I want to keep happy.

I'd give you anything I have, except water.:D

I'm scratching my head about you trying to keep my boss happy, being nice sometimes for that purpose and then saying Marlon's back side is better looking than me? Scratching my head... maybe you think that was a compliment! :) :rolleyes: :D

Bait. Catfish or bream. You choose.
I'm with Limbic...Hahaha!!!

We don't have them down here, where I'm from.

We do have a nasty little critter called a Cow-Ant...and that's a sombeach if you step on one barefoot!!!

They're about the same size as what you photo'd....and look very similar...however, a Cow-Ant has a HUGE stinger like a giant Hornet or YellowJacket...and can be poisonous.

If I can figure out how to post pictures on here, I'll show you how similar in body-configuration they are.

Here's a good detailed description with some images.

Cow_Ant

Last edited:
I like bait but i was hoping we found a new bug oh well
Don't feel bad Chevy,

The first time I ever saw a Cow Ant, I thought the same thing!

Because I'd never seen one that was bright orange...I had only seen the red ones...and when I saw the orange one, I was like, "What the hell kinda bug is that???!!! It's got a stinger, too!!!???"

It was funny, till I figured out what it was...then I felt like an idiot! LOL

Needless to say, it was fun while it lasted.

I'm with Limbic...Hahaha!!!

We don't have them down here, where I'm from.

We do have a nasty little critter called a Cow-Ant...and that's a sombeach if you step on one barefoot!!!

They're about the same size as what you photo'd....and look very similar...however, a Cow-Ant has a HUGE stinger like a giant Hornet or YellowJacket...and can be poisonous.

If I can figure out how to post pictures on here, I'll show you how similar in body-configuration they are.

Here's a good detailed description with some images.

Cow_Ant

Very interisting living thing. I had never ever seen it before. Thanks for sharing.

Cow_Ant.JPG

Hey, you're welcome Eaglet...anytime I can be helpful, I try.

However, I know how painful those things can be if you step on one...I've been there, myself.....OUCH!!!

By the way...if you do try to "squish" one...that's not gonna happen....they're some tough little bay-stards to kill!!! You gotta stomp on 'em...then you gotta grind 'em into the ground!!!

They have an extremely tough shell!!!...I guess because they can't fly like the males can...so that & their stinger are their only defenses???

That's NOT fact...that's just my opinion.

They are some cool looking little critters aren't they?!

Hahaha!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.