What is everyone favorite caliber for deer?

I do all my whitetail hunting in ND and for the last 30 years I have been using a .257 Weatherby with great success, it seems the more I learn about the rifle the moreBig game I use it for. So far I have taken many white tails with it out to just under 500 yds Went to Alaska with it three times and took 4 caribou and last year I took a really nice cow Elk with it, everything is one shot kills and using the correct bullets its like the animal got hit by lightening! Some years ago Federal has some Ballistic tip 110 gr bullets out and I tried them on deer and I shot a nice doe in my backyard and she ran about 50 yds before falling, VERY surprised till I gutted her and found the bullet made it through the hide then just disintegrated, these bullets with that tip were way to fragile to handle the that chambering, worked great on coyotes but never tried another deer with them!
Karl

For the last 5 years or so I've thoroughly enjoyed knocking them down with the Mighty .338-06! However, I recently sold the one I had and this year will be using a .280AI and/or .358 Winchester.

As I started to shoot/hunt longer and longer I moved to a custom rifle in 7STW. It served me well for many years. I eventually decided to go with a little less recoil and built a 7WSM which I've been using for the last several years.

This year I joined the craze and will be heading out with a Browning X bolt in 6.5 Creed.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.