What 7mm magnum cartridge to build?

The 7/300wsm or 7/270wsm (easy button) will get 3100 with a Berger180gr bullet or 2950ish with a Berger195, ADG is supposed to release 270wsm brass soon.

7/6.5PRC (brass is plentiful and tough as a boot) 3000fps is doable with a 180 and some of the hot rod powders.
Bet those would be sweet on a tikka action. Wonder how they'd feed on a 700

The 7/300wsm or 7/270wsm (easy button) will get 3100 with a Berger180gr bullet or 2950ish with a Berger195, ADG is supposed to release 270wsm brass soon.

7/6.5PRC (brass is plentiful and tough as a boot) 3000fps is doable with a 180 and some of the hot rod powders.
The 7WSM is one of the fastest pin prickers around. Too bad the brass is hard to find.

Would I have any problems with the saum in a factory 700 bottom metal?
I believe the 700 Ultra Mag actions have the widest feed lips of any 700 so when going with smaller diameter cases and the stock mag box you need to test what case you intend to use.
Yep, that's why I responded as such in #21.

Yep, that's why I responded as such in #21.
you can run a Wyatt Center Feed BDL set up or go with a M5 inlet and contact Hawkins Precision about their hunter magazines and spacer kit. That would give you 3.350 of magazine length and feed great. 7SAUM w/ 180's seated properly, WSM variants, or the 7x6.5PRC

you can run a Wyatt Center Feed BDL set up or go with a M5 inlet and contact Hawkins Precision about their hunter magazines and spacer kit. That would give you 3.350 of magazine length and feed great. 7SAUM w/ 180's seated properly, WSM variants, or the 7x6.5PRC
Did you mean to respond to me? Because I am not the one needing the information. I find it a waste to do all the mods to a RUM LA to accommodate a 7MM SAUM, instead of using a more appropriate action as I stated in #21. And yes, I have 7MM SAUM. as well as WSMs.

Most comparisons between 7RM & 7PRC came to the conclusion that if you already have a 7RM, no need to get a 7PRC. If you are just starting out, they both are good choices, but if you want heavy commercial ammo, go with the PRC. You can do anything you want if you are getting a custom barrel with twist and throating, but if you have to pick up a box of ammo at the local LGS, the off the shelf 7RM ammo will be a disappointment. I love my 7 Sherman Short (and vibes with your less powder theme), but in a Long Action, it is a waste. I have no experience with the Mega or Max, but it seems they thrive in the Medium (XM) actions vs the Long. I think the LA and less powder with a Mag bolt face is an oxymoron. In short, with your setup and criteria, 7PRC.