What’s your spookiest hunting experience?

I had shot a rabbit out in the pasture. That pasture was a combination of trees, alive and dead, tall weeds, and lots of dirt and mud. The hogs would rub against the trees with their dirty and muddy sides, making the base of the trees hard like they were petrified. Well anyway, I made a poor shot on the rabbit, and he ran up a hole in the base of a dead tree. I couldn't reach him. I got the axe from the garage, but it bounced of the hardened tree like I'd hit a rock. Next I grabbed my 12 gauge. I shot the tree pretty much point-blank, walking around it a I shot. Sufficiently ventilated and weakened, I could finally chop my way down the dead rabbit. I don't recall EVER working that hard to get a rabbit after that. Rabbit gravy over fresh biscuits is awesome!!

I just love this thread. It is almost like sitting around a camp fire sharing stories with your hunting buddies. I have a similar issue with small critters as some of you. Rodents, spiders, and other tiny critters challenge my man card when they find themselves getting in my clothes. Some awkward dance moves are usually the result.