What’s your favorite big game hunt ?

So what is your absolute favorite big game hunt? The one that you tell everyone they MUST go on! Lets hear details; species, location, outfitter or DIY, successful or not, going back, etc.
I have been on a number of different hunts and want to start thinking about the next adventure
Elk & Deer

I have more hunts behind me than ahead of me. Today one of my favorite hunts is whitetail deer in MN - I hunt right on the Canadian border. I love that hunt. I know the routine. I know the guys I hunt with. I love the shack life in MN - the saunas, the wood stove blasting heat when it is near zero or sometimes below zero, a cold beer by the campfire - the experience itself is more important than the deer.
I saw someone resurrected this thread; I read my answer back in 2021 but clipped out everything but my comment on deer hunting in MN. I never again hunted whitetails in MN at the shack mentioned above; my hunting buddy ending his life Oct 27 of that year. In another week, I will mark the third anniversary of his death. I miss him dearly.

Sorry for your loss, I too go to Northern MN every year for the deer season. For me the main reason is to walk the trails and sit the stands that Dad and I did for so many year before he passed.

I still go, generally an open seat on my stand if you follow me...

Hope you can return one of these Novembers, won't be easy but I doubt you'll regret it either.

I saw someone resurrected this thread; I read my answer back in 2021 but clipped out everything but my comment on deer hunting in MN. I never again hunted whitetails in MN at the shack mentioned above; my hunting buddy ending his life Oct 27 of that year. In another week, I will mark the third anniversary of his death. I miss him dearly.

I fully understand your feelings. My wife lost her son 5 years ago next week. Last year was our first elk hunt since his death. We didn't make a serious hunt, but at least we were out in the country! memtb

Recent Posts