Weatherby mkv bedding

Boy, you nailed the ham fisted. I haven't heard from him yet, he's been salmon fishing. Appreciate all the feedback for sure. I'm thinking I'd like to put something in the bottom of the recoil recessed area to make sure it's allowing full contact but haven't figured out what yet
I think I would try taping it with painters tape. And trim the tape with a exact o knife where needed. Perhaps this thread may have some helpful hints. https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/pillar-bedding-the-weatherby-vanguard-pics.68643/

I'm not understanding. Are you talking about if/when I re bed? Or to check for contact? I was thinking of something liquid that would flatten out in the bottom and show on both sides.

I'm not understanding. Are you talking about if/when I re bed? Or to check for contact? I was thinking of something liquid that would flatten out in the bottom and show on both sides.
I would think you should get a imprint in the tape with contact. Try some playdough or plumbers putty if it's a large area.

Riflshootr wrote: "I would start with carefully relieving the front, sides and bottom of the lug area and then give it a try. If that doesn't do it, then re-bed the entire action."

Ditto to that. It's my understanding that the recoil lug only handles recoil so it needs to have full, even contact on the rear. This will also keep the action from moving rearward once the rifle is assembled. There should be clearance on the front, sides, and bottom. The receiver ring bedding will keep the action from moving forward or sideways. You need to check that the receiver bottom (whether it be round or flat) is in full contact with the stock. Not enough clearance on the lug bottom or incorrect bedding of barrel can keep this from occurring.

Good luck!

Ya, I definitely think it would be too tight for any tape or puddy. I like the white out or model paint idea
I've used white out to mark head bolts on motors. Vacuum lines etc. Easy to get. Just be sure to give it a few minutes to dry beforehand. Easy to clean up.

Riflshootr wrote: "I would start with carefully relieving the front, sides and bottom of the lug area and then give it a try. If that doesn't do it, then re-bed the entire action."

Ditto to that. It's my understanding that the recoil lug only handles recoil so it needs to have full, even contact on the rear. This will also keep the action from moving rearward once the rifle is assembled. There should be clearance on the front, sides, and bottom. The receiver ring bedding will keep the action from moving forward or sideways. You need to check that the receiver bottom (whether it be round or flat) is in full contact with the stock. Not enough clearance on the lug bottom or incorrect bedding of barrel can keep this from occurring.

Good luck!
I guess this is where the confusion hits with the mark v's having the action screw going right into the recoil lug. Plus I was told to bed on both sides and the front is best with them