vortex razor hd lht

I bought one this week (the 3-15x50 with MRAD) and will mount it in a Spuhr Hunter mount. I previously own a Vortex Razor HD Gen II 1-6x24. I think the optical clarity is very similar in both. I am very happy with the purchase although I still haven't tried it out.

Here is the mount:

Vortex recommends a 15 lb torque on the screws, while Spuhr suggest 20-25 lb torque on the ring mount.

At the same time as I want to follow Vortex instructions to not damage the scope - an even bigger issue would be if the screws become loose during a hunt.

Would appreciate your opinions on how tight I should tighten the screws. Any ideas?
I have been down the rabbit hole on this topic and concur with those suggesting you follow the scope manufacturer's recommendations and not the ring manufacturer's.

Vortex will tell you on the phone not to go over 15 in/lbs.

Some of these mount & ring manufacturers recommending 25 in/lbs are not taking into account the mechanicals inside a scope tube that are being squeezed.

15-18 in/lbs of even pressure on the ring screws and some vibratite will hold a scope rock solid.

I have 3 Razor HD LHT 3-15x50 G4i Scopes and they all track spot on and the glass is clear.

I like the Illuminated G4i reticle a lot for low light and thick timber hunting.

CARBON RIFLES.jpg

I have the original vortex razor LH, a VX-5HD, and razor LHT. My favorite is the LHT I have not tested tracking extensively enough to verify but I've had no problems with the Razor LH.

Compared to the VX-5 I felt the glass on the razor LHT was clearer and had more apparent magnification albeit a smaller FOV.

There are some long posts on this scope on this and other forums. Long story short glass is really good and more importantly the internals/tracking has been perfect. For the western big game hunting I do the reticle couldn't be any better, of course this is a bit subjective.

FWIW I have a somewhat new NF NX8 4-32 and March 2.5-25 and always wonder if I should have just bought 6 more LHT's instead...
I know this is an older post but do you still wish you would have bought more lht razor? I am looking into getting one. Thanks for any information

I know this is an older post but do you still wish you would have bought more lht razor? I am looking into getting one. Thanks for any information
I've had one since they came out, never had a problem with it. I would definitely buy another one or look at the Maven they are squawking about over on rokslide.

I have several VX5HDs and rate these as slightly better… not necessarily because of the glass, but because of the turrets and eye-relief and weight/balance