USPS shipping

I had a wild experience with UPS sending a rifle back for warranty repair. A CZ. Only CZ I've had any problems with, and this was minor. I went to a major ups shipping store and was in the process of getting it labeled and shipped when a woman came out of the back of the store yelling, wanting to know if that was a gun. Then berated the guy who was printing the label. Told me I would have to go to the main UPS depot at 5 PM to ship it. The main depot was twenty five miles away. I've used the PO to ship anything sense. Priority mail. Worked OK so far. I just try to not have the package look like a firearm. Not always easy.

UPS and FedEx both changed their policy a couple of years ago. You can only use them if you have an FFL and an account with them. UPS won't even allow you to ship parts or accessories - the one exclusion is a scope.

I reside in GA, it took over one week for a letter to go <80 Miles, it is so bad.... They had Congressional hearings on the delays, which USPS stated the delays are because they are improving their services?!?!?!? Cannot make up the INCOMPETENCE of the US Government!

I’ve shipped a couple of rifles usps since ups stopped, nothing but good things to say. I spoke with the head guy and he politely told me, send them priority insured with no markings on the box, that’s what I did, all rifles made it within 2-3 days. Ammunition I shipped 2000 rounds out as little as 2 months ago through ups no issue, I’ve dealt with the gals at the main hub often enough they know me walking through the door so me trying to sneak something through would be a no go especially if i said medical supplies 😁

I just shipped a barreled action from NY to Fla. UPS wanted $24 based on the size and weight of the package, but they wouldn't ship "gun parts". USPS wanted $65 for the same package but a barreled action is considered hazardous and can only be moved by land vehicle. More money for less service.

They've got us beat every which way from Wednesday. ☹️

Last edited:
I’ve shipped a couple of rifles usps since ups stopped, nothing but good things to say. I spoke with the head guy and he politely told me, send them priority insured with no markings on the box, that’s what I did, all rifles made it within 2-3 days. Ammunition I shipped 2000 rounds out as little as 2 months ago through ups no issue, I’ve dealt with the gals at the main hub often enough they know me walking through the door so me trying to sneak something through would be a no go especially if i said medical supplies 😁
Can you tell us a little more about how you shipped the ammo? Declared as ammo?

Yes, declared at our ups hub, can’t send it through one of their stores. They see me walk in and grab the hazard stickers to place on the package, I’ve never had an issue + they’re pro second amendment

Yes, declared at our ups hub, can’t send it through one of their stores. They see me walk in and grab the hazard stickers to place on the package, I’ve never had an issue + they’re pro second amendment
Our UPS here told me I had to have an account as an FFL holder which means I have to ship out of a gunsmith only, that has the agreement.
I think our local hub also is the headquarters for "Everytown For Gun Safety". The individuals stopped me at the door before I could even ask about shipping the boxed gun case.

Update: package has arrived at local PO awaiting pickup.
After all this time, what I didn’t realize is they must have sent this package by itself in a vehicle. For prompt safety and service of course!
How do you leave here, go through 2 more places in Mississippi alone and never hit a scanner!
It’s only Colorado, to the drop off. mailman’s right-side driving Jeep prob needs an oil change.

ya i dont declare anything
i have used ship station in the past or pirate ship now to make labels.
a usps request for pickup is free at your home for when ever your mail person comes by and i have a ups pickup at work. either way i go, i am covered.

Our UPS here told me I had to have an account as an FFL holder which means I have to ship out of a gunsmith only, that has the agreement.
I think our local hub also is the headquarters for "Everytown For Gun Safety". The individuals stopped me at the door before I could even ask about shipping the boxed gun case.
Guns yes, ammunition no, that’s why I ship long guns usps, ammo goes ups