Arken LH 4-16x44?

Hoss50

Has anyone used the new LH4 yet? Is it just the EPL4 with capped turrets?

Reports?

I have a EPL4 Gen 1 that I had to warranty, so I am kinda gun shy on them.

Last edited:
I have (2) of the newest 4-16x44 EPL-4 with the VHR reticle and I’m happy with both. One is on a 223 and the other is on a 30-06, both shoot fine.

image.jpg

Just got a elp4 6-24×50. So far so good.
We have 2- SH 4 GenII, 6-24 one in MIL, one In MOA, both have been out to 1000+ yards and back. On 300WM and 300WSM. Killed multiple white tails. No issues at all.
My son has an EP5 on his 6mm Creedmoor, for about 3 months, out to 400 so far. Will be at 1000 at end of month. At our hunting club we have at least 6 different Arken scopes.
No issues on any of them. Work great, good glass, for the money I don't know there is a comparison. The LH is the only one we haven't gotten, but was gonna put one on my 270.

Better yet...has anyone ever received an email back from ARKEN, found a phone number that someone answers, or have received a return phone call....I would have owned a few of their scopes I'm sure....if they had ever had the decency to reply to a single inquiry! Can't imagine how a warranty claim could even be started !

Last edited:
I had about a 10 email conversation with their support about 2 months ago. My fault I added some green locktite to the set screws that hold the turrets in place. I had one strip out because it made them too tight to turn. Messaged them about what to do. After using their advice on forcing a larger torx bit into the screw I got it out. They sent me 3 new ones free of charge. Good as new.

I just bought a LH-4 4-16x44 and also a EPL-4 6-24x50. I'm going to return one of them...
20240703_190936.jpg

I emailed Arken on Friday last week about the differences between the two models and got an immediate response within minutes.

The LH has Chinese ELD glass, the EPL has Japanese ELD glass. The turret mechanisms are the same inside the scope tube but they don't have the same turrets. Both have the exact same capped windage turret. The LH has that same capped turret for elevation, while the EPL has the larger zero stop turret for elevation. The illumination and parallax knobs are the same.

The EPL's Japanese ELD glass is very very close if not the same as the Chinese ELD glass. I couldn't tell any noticeable difference casually looking at stuff in my neighborhood either in the morning or afternoon.

The biggest difference has to do with the 4-16x vs 6-24x magnification. The 6-24x has a much narrower depth of focus via the parallax adjustment, and the parallax markings are WAY off. The 4-16x had a more forgiving depth of focus and the parallax know was very close to spot on. And the field of views are different as indicated in the specs. But those things are both due to the nature of the magnification range.

You're paying an extra $50 for the EPL's exposed turret with zero stop and supposedly Japanese glass. But the LH is very similar otherwise.

I have never understood way scope companies put numbers on their focus / parallax knobs. The range focus relies on other settings that equate to where the actual parallax is. Leopold just has a increased ramp but no numbers. That's what they all need. My eyesight is getting worse so my eye relief, and reticle focus are way off from my sons, which makes the parallax different for him. His is almost perfect by the numbers, mine is off by about 30 yards. Still works perfect, I just ignore the numbers.