Updated info in post#99 Preferred Barrel 6mm Creedmoor help

Great info, I wouldn't have thought to use 4831. Is this a 24 inch barrel you have?
26 inch barrel one is a brux the 6 is a factory bergara the picture is the 6 at 800 yds

Attachments

• IMG_0404.jpeg
    IMG_0404.jpeg
    129.7 KB · Views: 44
If he is shooting 100 yds with the equipment he said he is using that definitely isn't good he is leaving a lot on the table. David
Agreed, you can search for my last report on the Preferred Barrel blanks Barrel. I'm definitely about done with this NEW replacement barrel. Will try H4831 and Super then I'm done

I don't get serious about my groups until I have fire formed my brass.
The v3008 needs the overall length worked on, but at 300yds and then out to 600yds. You are good enough at 100yds.
Hope this helps.

This Brass has been fired three times now
I have changed seating depth over 100 thou… I can't possibly show every single group, but these groups were the best

So I went back to your OP. Seems like there were groups to work with on your original test loads with maybe some seat depth variations that might yield better results. 40.5-41.0 of H4350 seems like it might work.

I use the Cortina method of seating depth testing. I start ~.020" off jam. I then have test groups 0.006" deeper than the last group. Total of maybe 5 or 6 groups. Somewhere in there, you should have two groups that look the best next to each other, meaning in sequence. I then load up a group 0.003" in between those two groups to split the difference. This usually gets me my seating depth which I find more important than powder charge.

If the above doesn't work, then a different powder/bullet test is in order. If that doesn't work then the barrel may be no bueano.

Have you tried any factory ammo?

You may try swapping scopes and see if your groups improve. I had a rifle I where no load I made would work in it, including factory loads. I was about to rebarrel and I decided one last test. I changed the scope and boom, sub moa with factory loads. I sent the scope back to vortex, they tested the crap out of it, and couldn't find anything wrong with it. So, it had to be some way I had the scope mounted despite me thinking everything was mounted properly.

Did you change in increments?
As I said in a earlier post and others mentioned you should start as long as possible and work back to shorter in increments. I do .015-.020. I don't think I will ever go back to powder charge first and then seating depth.
Yes, I didn't make one huge jump… .010 increments

At some point you gotta cut losses. It's not worth the headache or components. Even if you did find a load that would work for this barrel it would probably be finicky as heck. I think I'd pull the barrel and move on.

I went through this with a barrel. I was much happier when I just pulled it and put on a new one.