True Hog Killer!

Even buying the shot to load yourself, that is over 5 bucks a round, just for the shot. Might make sense for large game but i have trouble seeing that price as making sense for waterfowl or upland hunting.
Yep,it's got to come down in price before I could ever afford to load it.I load 00 buckshot and powder coat the pellets.
The last time I shot a few without powder coat I had lead deposits in the barrel.I may have to upgrade the wad in the future as it looks like the buckshot out ran the wad and tumbled in the barrel,causing the uneven lead spots in the barrel a little over 1/2 way down the barrel.
Powder coating buckshot stops that problem.

I want what ever I shoot to expend every ounce of kinetic energy inside what ever I shoot.
I don't care if it exists, I would much rather it stopped on the opposite side under the skin.
That way I know that all energy had to be absorbed.
I have learned this the hard way.

I shot a 125 pound hog with 1 1/4 ounces 00 lead buckshot at about 20 yards and there were only 8 holes in the side facing me (9 pellets in the load), stopped him dead but 90 yards? Personally I'd have to see it to believe it.

I shot a 125 pound hog with 1 1/4 ounces 00 lead buckshot at about 20 yards and there were only 8 holes in the side facing me (9 pellets in the load), stopped him dead but 90 yards? Personally I'd have to see it to believe it.
Take a look at this video and see for yourself.This not the only video on TSS shot,many many more.

If it ever comes down in price or I get rich(won't happen) I will not load it.
Check out the video

Wedgy,check out this:
Never saw it before today but I don't check it regularly
Edit:Don't know buddy.I ran it through the "scam detector" like I do to any site I may do business with in the future and it never stopped looking!
Bad sign.I would not go there and sure not buy until I hear it's legit!
Maybe just me but I say Beware!

Last edited:
TSS is a great product , if you can afford it. Read about how well it kills. Discussed as a wounded leopard follow up on another forum. If your going to use it at longer than normal ranges then choke tube testing seems to be very important. Just like developing long range loads for your .300 WM, you gotta test. For hogs #4 buckshot might be a great choice. With the right choice I'd bet on it being deadly to 75 yds. A little testing would let you know if your on the right track.
Bruce

TSS is a great product , if you can afford it. Read about how well it kills. Discussed as a wounded leopard follow up on another forum. If your going to use it at longer than normal ranges then choke tube testing seems to be very important. Just like developing long range loads for your .300 WM, you gotta test. For hogs #4 buckshot might be a great choice. With the right choice I'd bet on it being deadly to 75 yds. A little testing would let you know if your on the right track.
Bruce
Good point about the chokes.I did not mention that my friend ruined his factory choke and had to have a gunsmith remove it after firing several rounds.Gunsmith said the older shotgun chokes were not designed for Tungsten.
gillettehunter thanks for bringing that up as I had not thought of it until now.

Wedgy,check out this:
Never saw it before today but I don't check it regularly
Edit:Don't know buddy.I ran it through the "scam detector" like I do to any site I may do business with in the future and it never stopped looking!
Bad sign.I would not go there and sure not buy until I hear it's legit!
Maybe just me but I say Beware!
I bought in bulk directly from china a few years back, split 100kg with a couple friends and it came out to ~$22/lb. There are ways around the import duties to bring the cost down if the shipper is willing but shipping cost have gone way up now just like everything. There were some sellers on ebay as well that had good prices. They are also making TSS sinkers for fishing now as lead has been banned in some waters.

Does anyone else think that hogs seem to be getting smarter?As a kid we used to shoot at least 2 hogs in a group before they got away,now they are in the next county if they even think a human is near.

I think they've always been very smart it's just the more they are hunted and pressured the more their intuition will stand out. I have had interesting experiences from mostly hunting and hog dogging them most of my life that would be hard for some to believe. I'm sure tungsten buckshot will smash hogs out pretty far with head shots in a shotgun that patterns well with them. We have killed them often at 50-70yards with headshots and 3.5" lead 00 buckshot. Don't use it as a primary rifle just as back up that way when the first hog drops from a rifle another guy can take out one or 2 more as they run off. I use tungsten, but for long shots on Sandhills. I have no doubt it would work great for hogs. Every hobby is expensive now days. Buying tungsten shells is still dirt cheap compared to the money I spend shooting bolt rifles every year.

Buying tungsten shells is still dirt cheap compared to the money I spend shooting bolt rifles every year.
Exactly I I spend way more on gas, food, etc. when goose hunting as the limit is only. Same deal with turkeys.