True Hog Killer!

Type Raw Tungsten in header of any browser and you will get plenty of suppliers.
Even amazon.com had some for sale.
There are many others

Does anyone else think that hogs seem to be getting smarter?As a kid we used to shoot at least 2 hogs in a group before they got away,now they are in the next county if they even think a human is near.
Smartest animal I know of.
You might fool them once but usually you don't get a second time.
I would say that they are way smarter than dogs and most people 😁

Just heard from a old time friend back in Louisiana that found a gem of a Hog Killer!
He and I have been killing hogs since we were teenagers so he knows a good hog killing combination when he see's one.
Close to 90 yards he shot a 240-260 pounder that had escaped traps for a long time.He used buckshot a 12 gauge load made of Tungsten buckshot like this:
He said he was leaving his 30-30 home from now on as this is his dedicated hog killing combination.

I wonder how they do on 2 legged Coyotes?

The hevishot is tungsten copper alloy that is the same density as lead at ~12 grams/cc, not the tungsten iron alloy tungsten super shot(TSS) that is 18 g/cc which is much more effective. TSS in BB size will smoke hogs out to 100 yards.

To each his own. Unless it's CQB I'll take a short barreled large heavy projectile with a few to follow rapidly. 12ga. pump, 45.70, 90, 110, 50 SW, 460/454, well you get the idea. By the way, me generally dont have the luxury of seeing them at 100 yds especially the mature ones with the bad under/over bite.

Last edited:
The hevishot is tungsten copper alloy that is the same density as lead at ~12 grams/cc, not the tungsten iron alloy tungsten super shot(TSS) that is 18 g/cc which is much more effective. TSS in BB size will smoke hogs out to 100 yards.
Even buying the shot to load yourself, that is over 5 bucks a round, just for the shot. Might make sense for large game but i have trouble seeing that price as making sense for waterfowl or upland hunting.