Too much gun?!?!

You might be able to stretch that range a little with some Federal Flite Control and OO buck with a full choke.
Try a Pure Gold choke in their 25 IM or 30LF Ported With 00. Most guns like the 25. it will pattern way better than their 696 buckshot choke with 00 buckshot. I was a Pure Gold Dealer and did a lot of testing. These are from Remington 3.5" 00 and Winchester 3.5" 00 at 70 lasered yards. 3" shot even tighter.. This is lead Buckshot loads. I have never liked copper plated. Remington 3" 000 was actually too tight. I just don't shoot that good. Almost like shooting a rifle. Now with number 1 or 4 buck you may need to tighten up a bit farther like the 696 or maybe even tighter. These were shot from a Beretta A400 with a bore diameter of .733. But I had very good luck with 391s and outlanders. The outlander is bored 729 I believe but they all liked the 25 or 30. The pattern on the brown cardboard was win. 3.5" lead 00. That is and absolutely perfect pattern for my needs. I pulled slightly on the white paper. That is Remington 3.5" 00. Patterns at 40 yards are incredible. A bit larger fit 18 buckshot in a 15" circle. You don't walk away from that.
1703256473516.jpeg

1703256396538.jpeg
1703256396538.jpeg1703256473516.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm still waiting to hear about the Rattlesnake attacks! (Seriously)

In that same area (Tortilla Flats), is Canyon Lake. There's an island there that I'm told is infested with Rattlesnakes. However, I do not know this to be true, as I was afraid to step foot on the island!

We used to more often frequent Apache Lake, which is also nearby. Many, many "Three Day Weekends" there boat camping. However, I never once even saw a Rattlesnake, which is why I'm curious about your report.

Thanks,
Vettepilot

When I worked on the Coronado National Forest one guy was bragging about how good he was at spotting snakes. About the time he finished the sentence, one struck the heel of his boot. The fangs were stuck, and it was quite a dance.

I saw a guy pick one up once. He used a forked stick and grabbed it behind the head. Easy. Letting it lose wasn't so easy. It had wrapped around his arm.

When I worked on the Coronado National Forest one guy was bragging about how good he was at spotting snakes. About the time he finished the sentence, one struck the heel of his boot. The fangs were stuck, and it was quite a dance.

I saw a guy pick one up once. He used a forked stick and grabbed it behind the head. Easy. Letting it lose wasn't so easy. It had wrapped around his arm.
I won't handle snakes but I know this. Their neck/head is more flexible than one would think, and if you're going to pick them up you have to know what you're doing.

One guy picked up a rattler at what appeared to be a proper spot right near the head, and it promptly turned his head and bit him. Oouf!! Not me!!

Best way to avoid them is know exactly where they might be, and don't go nor reach there. One key is that they're cold blooded. When it's hot, they'll be in a cool spot, when it's cold they'll be in a warm spot.

Personally, I hate them. I hunted and killed them by the dozens as a kid.

Vettepilot