Too much gun?!?!

Hunt5BN

My son and I were out in the mountains of southern Arizona today scouting for his upcoming Coues hunt. we always bring a rifle because you never know when you're going to see a lion or coyote. Today, we watched 3-coyotes chase a Coues doe up a steep canyon. The coyotes were relentless, fortunately for the doe, they finally gave up the chase as she hit the saddle of the hill and crested over. The coyotes were about 800-yards away but never presented a good shot opportunity as they were running the entire time. On our hike out of the area, my son, saw another coyote, standing broadside across a small canyon. The coyote stood still for a little too long, which allowed my son to get his ear plugs in and take the 112-yard shot. He was shooting a 300 PRC with handloaded Hornady 230 Gr. A-tips pushing about 2,900 fps. Needless to say, the coyote dropped in it's tracks.

Coyote 10.1.23.jpg

My son and I were out in the mountains of southern Arizona today scouting for his upcoming Coues hunt. we always bring a rifle because you never know when you're going to see a lion or coyote. Today, we watched 3-coyotes chase a Coues doe up a steep canyon. The coyotes were relentless, fortunately for the doe, they finally gave up the chase as she hit the saddle of the hill and crested over. The coyotes were about 800-yards away but never presented a good shot opportunity as they were running the entire time. On our hike out of the area, my son, saw another coyote, standing broadside across a small canyon. The coyote stood still for a little too long, which allowed my son to get his ear plugs in and take the 112-yard shot. He was shooting a 300 PRC with handloaded Hornady 230 Gr. A-tips pushing about 2,900 fps. Needless to say, the coyote dropped in it's tracks.

View attachment 498391

Yes ,too much gun 😂

I shot a coyote with a 338 win mag with 250 gr partitions. I knew a shoulder shot would have blown it up so shot him in the lungs. It blew him about 10 ft off the caribou kill he was standing on top of. When I got to it, his mouth was open with a chunk of bou on its tongue. Exit hole was only about 1.5" but looked like half its innards were trying to follow the bullet out the exit. I never shoot anything in the shoulder, except brown bears, as I feel it's a waste of hide and meat.