6.5 PRC too much gun for coyotes?

Stick with 22 cal and nothing above 52 grain if fur selling is an issue. Few sportsman I know, have the ability to "put up fur" nor the time. As a trapper, nothing worst than working a pelt knowing your going to get docked on anyway.
A velocity of 3k and above that delivers a bomb in the frontal area is the ticket. Otherwise, bring out the 30's and above and let it rain. A sheep herder somewhere is tipping his hat to ya.

It's an art to put up fur right . I did it for years the last coyote I took in , in the early 90's they wanted to pay $2.00 each .50 cent badgers $5.00 fox $25.00 bobcats . I still did predator control and didn't take the time and effort to skin and work the fur after that .I was getting $50.00 plus $25.00 bounty per coyote $25.00 plus $15.00 bounty per fox . Made good money killed a lot of predators .

The good ole days! I too do ADC work. One other thought to you callers out there and need for fragile pills. Yotes in general will be, or near a straight on frontal shot when called. Conversely, cats will like to circle and broadside maybe the only shot ya get. A big kitty may only be 4 inches thick. To bang a hole through a bright wide belly Tom should bring tears. As sportsman there is no reason to waste. For what it's worth.

147 grain Hornady ELD-M will work nicely in all situations of weather or you can try the new 153 grain A-Tips if your barrel twist rate is fast enough

I don't think there is such a thing as too much gun for a coyote. If I had access to Black Rifle Coffee Companies 20mm that they mounted to a Prius I'd use that. Yes, they really did mount a 20mm Vulcan to a Prius, and fired it.

Please post pics of your first coyote kill with the 6.5 PRC. I for one look forward to seeing them.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.