Through both shoulders…

Gary in MD

And still went over 100 yards! Medium sized doe @ 30 yards complete pass through low in shoulders using crossbow. I was surprised that she went that far, figuring that I hit her near perfectly or so I thought. Didn't hit the heart and she left little blood, I was starting to get worried when I trailed her and she had gone 100 yards across a field and into the woods. Oh well, one down for the freezer!
IMG_1569.jpeg

IMG_1568.jpeg

And still went over 100 yards! Medium sized doe @ 30 yards complete pass through low in shoulders using crossbow. I was surprised that she went that far, figuring that I hit her near perfectly or so I thought. Didn't hit the heart and she left little blood, I was starting to get worried when I trailed her and she had gone 100 yards across a field and into the woods. Oh well, one down for the freezer!
View attachment 611992
View attachment 611993
HELLYEAH! Enjoy the good eats.

View attachment 611992
View attachment 611993
Way to go on the tracking. At least you recovered her. I lost one a few years back with the same shot. Never did find her. I looked for hours that evening. And the next morning in a down pour.

Don't know what you use for broadheads,but some definitely leave better bloodthirsty than others.

Glad you found her. Better meat can not be found.
You're definitely right there. I'm using 3 bladed Rage and they usually work extremely well. I have had deer only go 30 - 40 yards, dead in a few seconds. I was just a little off on shot placement I'm convinced.
She will definitely eat god 😋

You're definitely right there. I'm using 3 bladed Rage and they usually work extremely well. I have had deer only go 30 - 40 yards, dead in a few seconds. I was just a little off on shot placement I'm convinced.
She will definitely eat god 😋
I was also using Rage 3 blade 125 gr. 1 3/4 cut. I shot a doe at 40 yrds. with a Swacker 125 gr 2" and it left a big hole. I bought some 125 gr 2 1/4" Swackers to try out this year. I'm not going to be lacking blood from now on. lol Using Mathews Z-7 Magnum. 30 inch draw.