284 Winchester brass

shedhunt

Thought I'd ask here before posting for sale in the classified section. Is there still a large following and reloading group out there that still use the Winchester 284? I have brass that I don't have a use for and am looking to sell it. If not, I'm gonna throw it in the garbage.

If there is a following and folks are interested, I'll post for sale next week as I'm headed out the door to take my son deer hunting for the weekend.

Thanks!!

***EDIT:
I will be putting these 40 pieces of (1nce fired) brass up for sale next week. Thank you for everyone who replied and sent PM's. Sounds like there are still many who use this cartridge.

Last edited:
Thought I'd ask here before posting for sale in the classified section. Is there still a large following and reloading group out there that still use the Winchester 284? I have brass that I don't have a use for and am looking to sell it. If not, I'm gonna throw it in the garbage.

If there is a following and folks are interested, I'll post for sale next week as I'm headed out the door to take my son deer hunting for the weekend.

Thanks!!

Doubt you get much of anything for 40 count pieces of unknown brand 284 WIN brass. The last 400 count new cases and Redding dies I got, were free. Peterson brass is the only company to still make 284 WIN to my knowledge. I am contemplating not chambering my new blank for the cartridge after all.

Doubt you get much of anything for 40 count pieces of unknown brand 284 WIN brass. The last 400 count new cases and Redding dies I got, were free. Peterson brass is the only company to still make 284 WIN to my knowledge. I am contemplating not chambering my new blank for the cartridge after all.
This is factory Winchester brass I had from when I was a teenager with my 284. That was 30 years ago.

Lapua has only temporarily stopped production of .284 Win brass, due to the war in Ukraine. https://www.lapua.com/product/lapua-brass-284-win-cartridge-case-4ph7284/ Even if Lapua stops producing, Peterson brass is still good, just not as good as Lapua. I shoot it in my .284 Win and have no problems. Yes, you won't get as many firings, but that doesn't mean it isn't good brass. I'd chamber for it. I love mine. If you are using it for target shooting, I can understand your hesitation. If you are using it for hunting, buy a couple boxes of Peterson and you'll never shoot out your brass. Just my thought.

Thanks!!

***EDIT:
I will be putting these 40 pieces of (1nce fired) brass up for sale next week. Thank you for everyone who replied and sent PM's. Sounds like there are still many who use this cartridge.
I love this! If someone is interested I will Sell it....if not I'll throw it out! I fella I know brought over to my house some older Vending Machines in great shape to throw in my dumpster. I said what the Hellllo are you doing.....I can sell those! His immediate response....well if you can... whatever you sell them for I want 50% ! He wasn't offering me anything to fill up my dumpster!

Recent Posts