Thoughts on when the heck components will be back?

You would think the manufactures would buy more equipment and ramp up production. This has been an on going things for many years now. As soon as they start getting caught up another political uproar happens and here we go again.
Exact opposite. They would bring on production lines about when this thing ends. They would lose their ***.

It's pretty simple. If you don't want to pay the high prices that resulted from the confluence of the pandemic and panic stricken gun owners- don't buy from people or companies fueling the commodity bubble.

You can whine, complain or stomp feet but it won't change a thing. I'm just going to keep checking normal supply chains, bide my time and not support the commodity bubble crowd.

Some of the problems causing the problem.
1. Remington is no longer producing ammo so that takes millions of rounds off the shelves.
2. There are a whole lot more new gun owners now than just a few years ago so more ammo was bought by them.
3. Because people are scared, they/us, bought up more ammo/components than most will ever use in a life time.
4. From what I have seen the factories are running 24/7 and have increased output. But here is the problem. COVID 19 In the factory if one person test positive they have to quarantine EVERYBODY this person has come in contact with for 14 days. That slows or shuts down production. You can't just go out on the street and bring in Joe and have him fill in for any of these trained workers.
5. Then there is the problem of the ammo/component companies getting the products they need due to the same problems COVID 19 caused them with having to slow or shut down work. It is the snow ball effect.
6. Even when things start to settle down it will take a long time because as soon as something shows up on the shelf because people are scared they will purchase IT ALL in stead of just some of it and leave the next guy without any.

I don't see things returning to the "old days" for a loooooog time if ever.

Some of the problems causing the problem.
1. Remington is no longer producing ammo so that takes millions of rounds off the shelves.
2. There are a whole lot more new gun owners now than just a few years ago so more ammo was bought by them.
3. Because people are scared, they/us, bought up more ammo/components than most will ever use in a life time.
4. From what I have seen the factories are running 24/7 and have increased output. But here is the problem. COVID 19 In the factory if one person test positive they have to quarantine EVERYBODY this person has come in contact with for 14 days. That slows or shuts down production. You can't just go out on the street and bring in Joe and have him fill in for any of these trained workers.
5. Then there is the problem of the ammo/component companies getting the products they need due to the same problems COVID 19 caused them with having to slow or shut down work. It is the snow ball effect.
6. Even when things start to settle down it will take a long time because as soon as something shows up on the shelf because people are scared they will purchase IT ALL in stead of just some of it and leave the next guy without any.

I don't see things returning to the "old days" for a loooooog time if ever.

Vista has brought Remington's ammunition production line back on line- 02/21/21 https://www.forbes.com/sites/aarons...ngs-remington-factory-online/?sh=641c6b4e7f87

The only way things would never return to normal is if there is a ban on one or more of the reloading components required. And even that would more than likely be temporary until a change in policy is enacted.

Panicked thinking results in panic buying, and gunowners are about the worst of the lot. Like Walt Kelly illustrated- "we have met the enemy and he is us" ;)

What you are describing is people who break shipping laws, high is very different than boarders and scalpers.

BTW
I just left my local sportsmans warehouse, they had h4350 and a few other powders. The guy behind the counter said they had primers when they opened and were gone instantly. Hopefully things will start getting better.

And I bet over half of those primers are already listed on Gunbroker for 10x what they were purchased for...and being shipped illegally.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.