Thompson Center rifle benefit raffle for Ian's widow

Len

I wonder if maybe a thread that lists each new donation as it comes in would be useful for stimulating greater interest and participation among those buying raffle tickets .

It would also be a way to show who is donating towards the event in appreciation of their gifts .

jimmba

Another something I was playing with.

File1-RaffleflyerforIanMcMurchy04le.jpg

Dick, that looks great. Nikon is on board for 2 scopes and rangefinders. I think we will not solicit any more prizes at this time. I would like to avoid the appearance of unrelated grab bag items of relatively small value.

We opened the "Ian McMurchy Benefit" bank account today. I will work on some web stuff now including how to use Paypal "buy it now" buttons for selling the tickets.

If all is ready, I would love to kick it off in time for the March Newsletter around March 10 or so.

Well shucks !!

I guess I will just put those two 50 dollar gold pieces back in the safety deposit box . Definitely ( ? ) unrelated to raising money for Ms. McMurchy .

A bit of attempted humor plus point there . So , what is my point ? Just this , if I am buying a ticket for a raffle everything that is in the bag for for my ticket is welcome . Chewing gum , tickets to the livestock auction , IMAX tickets , FIFTY DOLLAR GOLD PIECES .........sorry ! caps lock and all ; ) whatever , as long as it is not trash .

On the other hand I understand the desire / need for speed in completing this project .

Reckon I was just envisioning a huge pot of gold not to be equalled for a long time .

at any rate it will be a grand thing to do ,

jimmba

Jimmba....and others:

I can tell you that the rifle packages will be allowed to grow as large as practical and still stay within what might be called practical boundaries for such a rifle package and it's origin and reasons for the raffle.

I have all of the current donations documented but please, if you want to donate something from now on, contact me first by email at [email protected] as I will be handling all of the "small item" donations. Our intent is to get donations in pairs if possible so the packages stay the same and equal. We also want to eliminate duplicates so thus the request for contacting me first before announcing your donation. And also, please keep donations of a practical nature for the intent of this package. By that I mean we don't really want to accept donations of fishing gear, 35mm film, tire chains etc. etc.:)

A separate bank account has been set up just for this raffle and a PayPal account is being set up as we speak by Len so ticket purchases will be quick and painless and all proceeds from the sales will go directly into the new account.

In addition to the other items already donated, the guns, scopes and rangefinders are already taken care of and we have rings for both guns and ACI mounts for both guns. All we need in the optic area for the guns themselves is a base for each gun.

I will be contacting all of our sponsors about donations in the next day or two and as soon as possible you will see a special section of the home page as well as separate pages for the raffle and all of the pertinent data concerning the raffle. There are still some things to iron out before everything goes public so please be patient.

On the new pages there will be all the info about the raffle as well as a flyer that we urge you to print out and post in your local gun shops or such places that would bring traffic to the web site and lead to people buying raffle tickets to benefit Ian's Widow.

There hopefully will be some very interesting "twists" appear concerning the raffle and it's info and advertising but time will tell.

As always we are open to suggestions and ideas but unfortunately we can not implement everything we'd like to.

Guys this is going great.

I finally got all of the emails sent out to sponsors tonight and as quick as I could send them, someone was sending an email back with an offer.

Aaron Davidson of BOTW is donating 2 full sets of DVDs. He offered to comp their shooting class but that spot was already taken.

Jay Eller donated 2 of their optical boosters for the scopes.

Ward W. Brien donated 2 of his ACIMIL-A2s.

Guys that have already donated responded right back to see what they could do and where to send their stuff.

We've got the best bunch of guys and sponsors right here on LRH.

Something to look forward to: I've been in contact with Ian's son Glen and he doing something for us that you HAVE TO SEE. It will really grab you when you see it.

Will keep you posted.

Haven't even really got started yet but the rough total donated, including guns, so far is right at $9000.00

I've contacted all sponsors on LRH and they are responding great.

I've contacted 15 other websites/forums so far and responses thus far are all positive as to posting on their site about the raffle.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts