Ian McMurchy Memorial Benefit Rifle Raffle Is Under Way

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
Ian McMurchy passed away on 12-19-2008.

He was a long time writer, contributor to the gun world, LRH moderator and contributor and a giant of a man. He will be forever missed. He has left a huge hole in our community. You can read many articles and hunting stories by Ian at LongRangeHunting.com

In conjunction with Thompson/Center and Nikon along with several of our site Sponsors, the members of LongRangeHunting.com would like to present a raffle to benefit Ian's widow and family.

To read the details and to buy raffle chances go HERE.

Guys:

I've been a little busy and wanted to try and get this up at the beginning of this thread but this will do.

For those of you that knew Ian, this will bring back a lot of memories. For those that didn't know him but knew of him, this will tell you who he was.

This video was produced by Glen McMurchy, Ian's son and he has graciously given us permission to post it and use it in conjunction with this raffle.

Enjoy it and be sure to watch the video at the very end as that was who Ian really was.

Please feel free to share the link to the raffle site with everybody you can and if you want, print the page out and post it in your local gunshops etc. so that more people will know about it.

Link to video of Ian McMurchy

Last edited:
What a fantastic man. I never had a chance to meet him, but I wish I did. It looks like he brought out the best in a person!

Brent

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.